Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any news on the Smashing Pumpkins final concert DVD?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-29-02, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some time back I remember reading that that Smashing Pumpkins were planning on releasing a DVD showcasing their final performance in Chicago. Anyone have any news or details on this? Thanks.
Old 04-29-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm curious about this myself.
Old 04-29-02, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I've heard, A Live At The Metro DVD is going to be released, as for the technical specifics not much is known except that the concert will be uncut. It'll probably street sometime in November. The best place for news on that DVD is the official Smashing Pumpkins Forum at http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/SPmb.html
Old 04-29-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is no DVD that could possibly be released (that I know of) that I would like more than this one. They're not my favorite band or anything, but there's none, whatsoever.

I first heard about it right after the bloody concert but sadly very little since.

Doing a quick search for some Pumkins message boards, I found that this is still the #1 topic around them - here's an official thread about the "pending" DVD - http://sony6.infopop.net/3/OpenTopic...1&m=5892952924

Supposedly, it is still DEFINITELY in the works, but there's really not much more of anything to say about it now. So, keep your fingers crossed.

Edit: Ya beat me to it Brian
Old 04-29-02, 07:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to Music Forum.
Old 04-29-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This would be great. I wish I coulda been there and gotten in on the live cd, but ohwell.
Old 04-29-02, 09:43 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-30-02, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Brain Stew
From what I've heard, A Live At The Metro DVD is going to be released, as for the technical specifics not much is known except that the concert will be uncut. It'll probably street sometime in November. The best place for news on that DVD is the official Smashing Pumpkins Forum at http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/SPmb.html
Yeah I agree with Brain Stew... That's the best to place to watch.

They're my fav group, and always monitor the site myself. There have yet to be any hardfast specs or anything, but they have confirmed it will be realeased, and hopefully within the year.

Lots of complaints, requests etc. but that's it. I just hope they don't do the concert like they did that one song from the show on the greatest hits dvd.. ugh that was terrible. with all the cutframes etc.

Then again, terrible or not I want it!!!!