Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

My thoughts on the movie "Joy Ride". *minor spoilers*

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-27-02, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just watched the movie "Joy Ride" earlier this afternoon and to my surprise it really did turn out to be a very excellent thriller. This is one of the better teenage thriller flicks I've seen in a long time. It is a breathtaking unpredictable thriller. I enjoyed this film a lot.

It's about this college student who goes on a road trip to pick up a girl that he's in love with and then on the way there, he bails his brother out of jail. The two of them, Lewis and Fuller pretend to be women while speaking on a CB radio, and they cyber sex with a trucker over a CD Radio. Then when the trucker found out the cyber sex was all a joke, the two kids are in serious trouble. The two kids were messing with the wrong guy and the guy ended up turning out to be a serial killer.

I thought the plot to this movie was fantastic. It reminds me of a Dean Koontz novel I've read before and I think that's what it was influenced from. I thought the two actors, Steve Zahn and Paul Walker did a fine job in this movie. I thought they were perfect for this film to play the characters. Plus, I think the actress LeeLee Sobieski is a fine hot looking young actress that I enjoyed watching too.

So with my overall review of "Joy Ride", I'm going to give this review a very simple thumbs up or thumbs down, I would give it:

It's a very good movie and I'm definitely going to pick this up next time I go to the store. Check it out.
Old 04-27-02, 09:39 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a blind buy last friday when I picked this movie up, and it was better than I expected. Zahn and Walker both did a good job, and the movie had a couple good thrills.
Old 04-27-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
Yeah, it's a fun piece of puff, enlivened by Steve Zahn as the ne'er-do-well brother, but an ultimately forgettable movie that doesn't quite try hard enough to make its mark. Leelee Sobieski is basically wasted as a generic girl-in-peril, and the shadowy villain of the piece never becomes much more than an standard horror movie boogeyman. By the end, the movie's sense of fun is overwhelmed by implausibility and clichˇ Š woo, the old
Spoiler:
bad guy who won't die trick
. Not a waste of a rental, but definitely nothing you'll remember watching a month later, I guess.
Old 04-28-02, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did not see it in the theater, but rented it and enjoyed every second of the movie.

I have driven that strech of road many times, I can now say I will keep an eye for "Evil" truckers.