Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : La pianiste (double dvd)

Moon33
04-27-02, 04:59 AM
Anyone can confirm the french edition La pianiste (double dvd) comes with eng sub?
Alapage.com say yes.
From dvdrama menu shots, I couldn't find the eng sub option.

Hendrik
04-27-02, 05:54 AM
...according to this screen grab: no subs! ... sorry!...

http://www.dvdrama.net/menus.php?4409&lapianiste2

...according to the set's rear cover: no subs! ... sorry!...

http://www.alapage.com/mx/?tp=F&type=4&VID_NUMERO=507289&id=27601998794813&donnee_appel=ALAPAGE&image=v

...and, lastly, according to 'the horse's mouth' so to speak: mk2's over-elaborate and accident-prone site: no subs! ... sorry!...

www.mk2.fr

. . . :o . . .

Moon33
04-27-02, 07:56 AM
Hendrik,
do you actually own the "Butcher/Unfaithful " french dvd? The dvdfr.com screen grabs also doesn't show this dvd comes with eng sub. Can you check it out for me?

Hendrik
04-27-02, 08:12 AM
...yes I do... and no, no subs (in any language) for either movie... but then, you get fine anamorphic 1.66:1 transfers and son spatialisé Arkamys of two classic Chabrol titles for the price of one!... can't have everything, now!...

. . . ;) . . .

Moon33
04-27-02, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the info. Cynthia should do a ammendment for the list.

Donald Brown
04-28-02, 01:09 PM
Artificial Eye will be releasing this in the UK in late May, with English subs. It may even contain some or all of the extras present on the the French release, since Artificial Eye has licensed material from mk2 in the past. However, there's no official word that this will be the case, so please don't yell at me if it doesn't pan out.

ScreachingWeasel
04-28-02, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Hendrik
...yes I do... and no, no subs (in any language) for either movie... but then, you get fine anamorphic 1.66:1 transfers and son spatialisé Arkamys of two classic Chabrol titles for the price of one!... can't have everything, now!...

. . . ;) . . .

Are you sure about that Hendrik? I have the release and mine came with English subs. All the rest of the double Chabrol discs don't have any though. I do agree with the fine anamorphic transfers. It would have been nice if the rest of the double bills were subtitled in English, but at least one was, so I can't complain too much.

Hendrik
04-28-02, 02:48 PM
...that's what I get for being a smart@ss who watches French movies without having to take recourse to English subtitles! ;) ...

...you are absolutely right: I just re-checked the twofer of Le Boucher and La Femme infidèle - the disc does indeed have English subs for both movies! (but there is no mention of this anywhere on the cover - have to inform dvdfr to change their fiche accordingly)...

...the double bill of Landru and L'Oeil du Malin doesn't include subs, though...

. . . :o . . .