Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

G4 Videogame channel launches!! 24/7 coverage of Pong!! (seriously)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-02, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The video game channel G4 finally launched! And what better way to start off than broadcasting Pong 24/7! I'm not joking, they are seriously showing pong for the first 7 days. Here's an except from the FAQ:

Q: All I see is Pong. What is this all about?
A: During our first seven days on the air, G4 is showing an all-PONG line-up – 24/7 – to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the first home video game. On May 1st we will begin to run G4 original programming. Please see our website (G4TV.com) for program listings and descriptions.

Q: Are you serious?
A: That’s right, Pong 24/7 for one week.

Q: What channel is G4 on?
A: On select Comcast cable systems, G4 is on digital cable channel 138. For all other cable and satellite companies, check with your local operator.

Sounds like some primetime television there! Anyone get this channel? I'm on Charter and I don't think we get it but it looks like certain areas with comcast get it. If anyone does get it let us know how the real shows are when they start, the only other gaming show in existence I know is Extended Play on TechTV which is a nicely done show, but I don't know if we need an entire channel dedicated to games.

You can read about it and also play a cool flash version of pong at www.g4media.com
Old 04-27-02, 09:29 AM
Al

I get G4.

I was checking the channel lists last night and I noticed the new G4 channel and it listed "Pong" on the description. I seriously watched about 3 minutes of the game being played till someone won. I thought they were going to show another game but to my surprise they restarted the game.

So, I check the listing and I see that it's straight Pong continuously. I just busted out laughing.
Old 04-28-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thats awesome! wish I had that channel.
Old 05-01-02, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They should have showed some other vids as well. A little DK here, a little FFIII there. Maybe even some GTA3 or Halo. Then back to Pong. And some Pac-man.
Old 05-01-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd watch galaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1