Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Need Review Batman - The Animated Series - The Legend Begins

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-24-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to pick this up today or tomorrow. I was wondering how the DVD quality is. And do you have any other comments on the DVD as a whole.
Old 04-25-02, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't got the disc yet myself but I've seen one DVD review online so far: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/357/357920p1.html
Old 04-25-02, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got my copy yesterday, and I'm very impressed. The two things that stood out the most for me on this disc was:
1) The sound, which has to be the best I've ever heard on an animated cartoon show. If you have the gonzo home theatre set-up sound system, you will have your socks knocked off; and,
2) the commentaries on each episode by Bruce Timm, which is always interesting and informative. You can access all of the Timm interviews independently of each episode, which is nice. Wish there were more extras, though.
Old 04-26-02, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Went out and bought the DVD and loved the show. The Pilot(Manbat) showed the most wear, but they seem to get better as the 5 shows went on. Either it has been a long time or I never caught the 3 middle shows(2 Jokers and Scarecrow).

The video quality could have been better(the night sceens had spots), but it was one of the better buys I have had for awhile.

Did anyone think the guy sitting at another table at the Rose restraunt(when Dent passed out) look like Clark Kent.

There were lots of little things I love about the show.

The thing I thought was weird, was having Robin show up in the 2nd show(Joker Christmas). Was that show out of place or did they really have him appear in one of 1st shows and then take him out again?
Old 04-26-02, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Apparently, the shows that are on the disc are the first five that were made, but not the first five that were broadcast on TV (at least a couple of them).
Old 04-26-02, 08:04 PM
Cool New Member

We've got most of the Bats reviewed, but here is the link to Batman: TAS

Batman: The Animated Series - The Legend Begins
Old 04-28-02, 09:35 AM

Apparently, the shows that are on the disc are the first five that were made, but not the first five that were broadcast on TV (at least a couple of them).
That's correct. Here's the order in which the five episodes RAN:

I also thought it was odd to see Robin pop up out of nowhere - dunno if they ever formally introduce him or if he just appears someday...
Old 04-28-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Oatsdad

That's correct. Here's the order in which the five episodes RAN:

I also thought it was odd to see Robin pop up out of nowhere - dunno if they ever formally introduce him or if he just appears someday...
I wonder if the threw Robin in there because they wanted The Joker to sing the Batman/Jingle Bells song several time during the "Christmas" episode. You can't sing that song unless Robin is around, "...Robin laid an egg...".

That is the only reason I could see why they produce/aired a Batman/Robin episode so early.