DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

I love this Highlander

Old 04-20-02, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this Highlander

Anchor Bay is one of the best in releasing lower budget films like Highlander and Evil Dead. For Highlander I love this dvd. I bought the 1996 dvd of Highlander and I have to say it was crap. The sound was all jacked up and I dont want to start with picture. So what they took out two lines. I feel this is Anchor Bay's best work. Even though Anchor release Army of Darkness and Halloween way too many times. I am a big fan of Anchor bay. There are smaller movies that I enjoy getting and Anchor is always there with them. So give them a rest about missing lines. You have to be that bored to notice them. Be happy for what you got and thank god that they picked up movie and not the other company and mess up the picture again. I know this for highlander. But I really dig the Evil Dead Cover box. I am talking about the new edition with the book of the dead as the cover. Awesome. It scared my girlfriend when she touched it.
Old 04-22-02, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. I picked it up on a whim and I'm happy with the purchase. I'm glad I never picked up the other print.
Old 04-23-02, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 184 Posts
Yes, they did an incredible job with film that never looked good!!

The sound is very good also considering how old the movie is... who else would gvie us DTS tracks for movies this old? No one.