Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bombay the hard way: ?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-19-02, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen people at least mention this album before, so I thought I'd ask in case anyone knows.

I've always assumed this album was a complete fabrication, just the automator having fun inventing two Bollywood composers and the music they would've made if they were real and then interspersed it all with soundbites from actual Bollywood films.

But are kalyanji and Anandji actually real? (or does anyone have any proof, other than the cursory reviews this album got in the music press that look like they didn't even listen to the album, just read the liner notes and took them seriously)

A few other CDs occasionally make it into the CD player around here, but lately it's been mostly this CD and Lovage.
Old 04-19-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, well at least they're real, i guess.

link to a page about them as composers

but the song names HAVE to be new, and I'd guess automator/dj shadow added quite a bit to most of the tracks in any case.