Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

witch one of these dvds is the better one to buy??

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-17-02, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i am planing on buying one of these titles.. with do yall think is the best one to buy ..

Tombstone vista series $22.99

TheSixth sense vista series$22.99

i want to get both but can only has enough to pick one...
Old 04-17-02, 01:04 PM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
This is an extremely difficult choice. I don't know if there is a correct answer. Personally, if I had neither of the previous discs released of these two movies, I'd buy Tombstone. Again, you cannot go wrong with either one though.
Old 04-17-02, 01:23 PM

If you must buy only one.... I vote for The Sixth Sense.
Old 04-17-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If I had to choose, I would pick Tombstone. It's one of my all time favorite movies. But Sixth Sense isn't a bad choice either.
Old 04-17-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

KenB75 - Welcome... You need to go over to the clubs forum and read the Columbia House threads / FAQ. You can have both of those titles plus three or four more discs of your choice with an enrollment for less than your $22.99 price limit. Seriously. Anyone (in the US of A) reading these boards that is not using the advice given in the CH FAQ and forum are doing themselves a great disservice with respect to their DVD collections and/or wallet.

That said, I have both of these discs and highly recommend em' both... You can't go wrong with either.
Old 04-17-02, 01:33 PM
Banned

thanks for the info... it is a hard choice... they both awosme movies... i have been with coumbia house... but i prefre to buy in store they cheaper... then these dvd clubs... in the long run cause they hammer with high shipping prices......but thanks for the tip...
Old 04-17-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

KenB75 - Otay... Not going to try and convince you otherwise, you should read the FAQ though before you decide... It's your money, but, um, well, you're mistaken... CH is the cheapest place you will find, anywhere, for DVDs. You just need to know how to use em'.

Like I say though, they're both great flicks and DVDs, you can't go wrong.
Old 04-17-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say Tombstone. Sixth Sense gets pretty boring after seeing it a couple times and already knowing how it ends.
Old 04-17-02, 04:59 PM

CH is the cheapest place you will find, anywhere, for DVDs. You just need to know how to use em'.
I would agree wholeheartedly with this, and I haven't read the FAQ yet. The last time I joined, I only picked expensive titles for my initial order, and then bought the lowest price discs that would fulfill my agreement. Even with S/H and taxes, it still came out to about $10 or $12 per DVD.

I plan to join again in the near future, and plan to read the FAQ carefully to make sure I take full advantage.
Old 04-17-02, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TOMBSTONE!!!!
Old 04-17-02, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by purplechoe
TOMBSTONE!!!!
You got that right man
Old 04-17-02, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Both are available as enrollments for CH. I'm getting my selections ready as I have been waiting for these to show.
Old 04-17-02, 07:41 PM

Tombstone- it seems to have a higher re-watchability factor than Sixth Sense does.
Old 04-17-02, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eddyhazkel
Tombstone- it seems to have a higher re-watchability factor than Sixth Sense does.
I agree, once you already know the ending 6th sense isn't as rewatchable as tombstone.
Old 04-17-02, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by KenB75
thanks for the info... it is a hard choice... they both awosme movies... i have been with coumbia house... but i prefre to buy in store they cheaper... then these dvd clubs... in the long run cause they hammer with high shipping prices......but thanks for the tip...

FWIW, if you do the math on the CH deal that you get when using the code 7cy, *with* shipping figured in, it comes to under $9.50 per DVD selection, including the enrollments and all fullfillments purchased at the minimum amount. Almost all the CH codes give you deals between $9.50 and $10.50 per disc with all costs figured in. If you don't want to wait for DVDs to become available for enrollment or don't like to wait for the shipments, that's understandable but to say it's cheaper to buy movies at B&M's is definitely not the case among retail places I'm familiar with.
Old 04-18-02, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Sixth Sense. I don't enjoy Tombstone very much.
Old 04-18-02, 06:05 AM
Banned

ok well i reg the FAQ and i placed me order...lol.. got both for 49c..lol... so it is alot cheaper... thanks a million for the info on ch....

i ma so glade i found this board.... so thanks you all for the info... and i see mroe peeps love tomstone... it is a awsome movie...
Old 04-18-02, 09:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome KenB75! I'll throw my vote in for the Columbia House route, too... be sure you give the two stickied threads a solid read-through your first time around to make sure you're getting the best deals.

Since this thread is asking about the relative quality of these DVDs, I'm moving this to DVD Reviews.
Old 04-18-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Johnny Zhivago
KenB75 - Welcome... You need to go over to the clubs forum and read the Columbia House threads / FAQ. You can have both of those titles plus three or four more discs of your choice with an enrollment for less than your $22.99 price limit. Seriously. Anyone (in the US of A) reading these boards that is not using the advice given in the CH FAQ and forum are doing themselves a great disservice with respect to their DVD collections and/or wallet.

That said, I have both of these discs and highly recommend em' both... You can't go wrong with either.
Yup!