Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

hsn.com issue - Need Advice

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-02, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Lasonic portable DVD player from hsn.com back in January. Well low and behold, by Febuary the thing was broken.
So I called their customer service and the rep agreed to send me out a return label and ship out a replacement.
I waited about 3 weeks and nothing happened, so I contacted Lasonic directly and RMA'd it back to them.
They repaired it and sent it back. It works great now, no problem except for the $12 it cost me to ship it back.

But last night when I got home from work there was a box from UPS waiting there for me. Inside the box was a new Lasonic DVD player (not the original model I bought) and a 5.1 channel home theater system with amp and speakers. I cross referenced the info on the shipping label and this stuff was shipped to me under my original order number as a "re-ship".

I went to the hsn.com website and brought up my order status from January. It now shows my original order as returned (which it was not).
So as of right now, I've got 2 DVD players and this cheap "home theater system" sitting at home.
Does anyone have any experience with hsn?
What should I do with this stuff? I'm tempted to keep it, but I don't know if they'll come back and try to charge me for it (I wouldn't pay for it, but free is hard to pass up)
Old 04-17-02, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: hsn.com issue - Need Advice

Originally posted by buzzdalf
So as of right now, I've got 2 DVD players and this cheap "home theater system" sitting at home.
Does anyone have any experience with hsn?
What should I do with this stuff? I'm tempted to keep it, but I don't know if they'll come back and try to charge me for it (I wouldn't pay for it, but free is hard to pass up)
they can't charge you for it, because you never agreed to pay for it. If your conscience bothers you, just call them up, and explain the situation.

Side note: My friend had a problem with his KDS monitor...he musta sent i back at least a few times(they paid for shipping both ways), and they sent him a replacement monitor to use while his was being fixed. Somehow, he got to keep both monitors, so he had two 21" monitors. no wonder they're filing for protection
Old 04-18-02, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the advice.
I've got no love for hsn, so I think I'm just gonna keep them.
Old 04-18-02, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
The appropriate thing to do would be to set the items (still boxed up) aside for a while. In that period of time, contact them and tell them that you have these items and if they would like them back, they need to send you PRE-PAID postage to send it back to them. After several attempts, if they do nothing, the items are yours. (Heard this on Bruce Williams one night.)
Old 04-18-02, 11:36 AM

That won't hurt anything. I can do that.

I'll have to create a use for this stuff anyway.
Old 04-20-02, 11:51 AM

I think hsn.com may monitor forums like this one.
I had not called them yet about this issue, and I received an e-mail from a Kevin Thompson discussing this and offering to send me out a return label.
He is also offering to credit my card for the return shipping expenses I had with Lasonic and give me $20 credit to spend for my trouble.