Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Regarding sticky threads

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-02, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Regarding sticky threads

*** This thread will remain a sticky for less than 24 hours ***

This is a response to the Can we eliminate the Gamecube and Xbox stickies in Videogame forum? thread in the Feedback Forum. After discussing the matter with other moderators, I have decided to leave the release date threads as stickies, at least for the next few months. Gamecube and X-Box are still fairly new systems and the games are still being released in an almost_frantic manner. If the interest declines or if the new games being released become few and far between, then we will discuss again what to do with those threads.

There also have been requests to make other threads sticky, threads that deal with release dates of games for other systems (PS2, GBA, etc.). Since PS2 has been out a while and since GBA does not have the popularity of GCN/X-Box, those threads will remain unstuck.

At DVD Talk, we try to keep the sticky threads at a minimum (although it sometimes doesn't seem the case, especially in the Other Forum). Thank you all for your cooperation.

Also, special thanks to all those updating the GCN and X-Box threads with new release dates, reviews, etc.
Old 04-16-02, 12:37 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, Namja.

Old 04-16-02, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This isnt exactly the fastest paced forum on DVDTalk. Its not like its keeping any threads off the 1st page prime real estate.
Old 04-16-02, 04:11 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you.
Old 04-16-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually the popularity of the GBA is ....
Old 04-16-02, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
thanks for responding and for this temporary sticky
Old 04-16-02, 08:07 PM
Uber Member

Also, to follow up on some of the sentiments in the thread Namja referenced above, while DVDTalk greatly appreciates the work that goes into ALL the member maintained threads, whether any particular thread is made sticky is based on that forum's need.

There are just too many member maintained threads to use any other measure.

Thank you for your understanding, and again, thank you for all your hard work.
Old 04-16-02, 09:22 PM
Retired

Originally posted by gcribbs
thanks for responding and for this temporary sticky
gcribbs

I want to apologize for my rude comments in the thread in the feedback forum. I went well over the line and just want to say I'm sorry. I have nothing against you, I simply lost my temper. I'd had a bad day, which is no excuse. The thread being stickied is the only thing that has kept me updating it, as I really don't have time to bother with it. Being kept at the top, it gets enough views to make updating it worthwhile.

Again I apologize for my remarks.
Old 04-16-02, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by joshhinkle

gcribbs

I want to apologize for my rude comments in the thread in the feedback forum. I went well over the line and just want to say I'm sorry. I have nothing against you, I simply lost my temper. I'd had a bad day, which is no excuse. The thread being stickied is the only thing that has kept me updating it, as I really don't have time to bother with it. Being kept at the top, it gets enough views to make updating it worthwhile.

Again I apologize for my remarks.
trust me no harm no foul

we have all had times when we have said things we did not mean because we were discussing something that meant something to us at the time.

I guess i am a little bit of a sticky freak . I really was not trying to push buttons on people. I guess i just did it anyway without meaning too

Old 04-17-02, 09:54 AM
Retired

Originally posted by gcribbs

I really was not trying to push buttons on people. I guess i just did it anyway without meaning too
Don't worry about it. It was mostly my fault. I had a bad day, was any a crappy mode, and severly over reacted.
Old 04-17-02, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could the threads be renamed to something more appropriate like 'Game Cube Release Dates', it's not really the 'Launch Line-Up' anymore.