Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Went and saw Chemical Bros. last night and my ears are killiing me...

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-16-02, 08:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I didnt realize how loud it was, and my ear/head feels like a sponge... how long is this going to feel this way, any remedies?
Old 04-16-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What?
Old 04-16-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huh?
Old 04-16-02, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Went and saw Chemical Bros. last night and my ears are killiing me...

Originally posted by Giles
I didnt realize how loud it was, and my ear/head feels like a sponge... how long is this going to feel this way, any remedies?
Nope, this usually lasts a day or two hopefully not longer.
Old 04-16-02, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't you love that feeling

It happens to me about once a month, but it usually goes away 1/2 way through the next day?

(btw, how were they? I may see them in 2 weeks.)
Old 04-16-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah just give it time. Also, when your ears ring like that, you've done permanent damage to them. Next time you go to a concert you might wanna wear earplugs. You may laugh but when I saw U2 in concert I wore earplugs. Sounded great. I took them out at one point to see what I was missing and the only sounds I was missing were very high pitched staticy sounding noises. After the concert, my ears didn't ring at all. From now on I always wear earplugs for indoor concerts and most of the time for outdoor ones.
Old 04-16-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dfbennett
Also, when your ears ring like that, you've done permanent damage to them. Next time you go to a concert you might wanna wear earplugs.
After damaging my eardrums at a Dio/Lynch Mob/Armored Saint show I've vowed never to go to another indoor concert without earplugs. I've found that the sound is actually better with earplugs than without. Even crappy earplugs ought to help you enough to save yourself permanent hearing loss.

Mordred
Old 04-16-02, 11:52 AM

Oh they were great, the Chem's played a little bit of everything from their various albums. Great light/video show. My fave song: "Hey Girls, Hey Boys" . I normally do wear ear plugs but a couple of the last few shows the volume levels werent as extreme, a couple weeks prior I had seen Rinocerose at the same club, roughly in the same spot, and the volume level was fine. Checking out Zero 7 tomorrow night, maybe I shouldn't place myself not too close to the stage or get right in front so the music goes over and around me instead.
Old 04-16-02, 12:03 PM

hey

was that part of the Delta Heavy tour with Sasha and Digweed? I caught them in Detroit, thought they rocked, and was just wondering how they've been playin in other cities. I know that the Chemical Brothers (and sometimes Paul Oakenfold) are gonna be jumping onto the tour for selected cities, so I was just wondering if this was one of them.
Old 04-16-02, 12:13 PM

Sunday, Sasha and Digweed played at Nation, and I know there was some ticket package for buying tickets for both S&D and the Chems. The San Francisco show Oakenfold, S&D and the Chems are all doing there thang. Pete Tong was supposed to be at the Washington DC Chem show but didnt show up for some reason. I thought the ticket price of $40 was a little pricey for just seeing the Chems and not Pete Tong as well.
Old 04-16-02, 12:14 PM

sorry, I didnt mean to reply twice, hit the wrong button
Old 04-16-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

right now I am leaning toward the SF show, but the all ages is a real turn off for me.. I had plans to go to vegas for S&D only, but that got cancelled by another event on the same night &... trying to find another S&D alternative.... hmmm...