Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell has frozen over again!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Would you buy a new CD & like to see The Eagles in concert?
Can't wait for the CD.
8.33%
Can't wait for the concert.
2.78%
Doing both!
11.11%
Could care less!
83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Hell has frozen over again!

Old 04-16-02, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the Eagles' 2003 confirmed tour dates:
May 9: Richmond, Va. (Richmond Coliseum)
May 11: Columbia, S.C. (Carolina Center)
May 16: Sunrise, Fla. (Office Depot Center)
May 19: Atlanta (Philips Arena)
May 22: Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte Coliseum)
May 23: Greensboro, N.C. (Greensboro Coliseum)
May 25: Cincinnati (U.S. Bank Arena)
May 26: Nashville (Gaylord Entertainment Center)
June 6: St. Louis (Savvis Center)
June 7: Memphis (Pyramid)
June 9: San Antonio, Texas (SBC Center)
June 12: New Orleans (New Orleans Arena)
June 16: Houston (Compaq Center)
June 19-20: Dallas (American Airlines Center)
July 8: Philadelphia (First Union Center)
July 11: Washington, D.C. (MCI Center)
July 15-16: Boston (FleetCenter)

They played a 20-city European tour in 2001 & 30+ last summer in the U.S.

As previously reported, the group is working on its first studio album of all new material since 1979's "The Long Run." Principal member Don Henley told Billboard, "We're diligently working on it every day. If I had to speculate, I'd say it will come out early next year." No label is yet attached to the project, but Henley says, "We might go independent -- it would be a combination of the Internet and certain superstore chains."

Last edited by bigjim25; 03-05-03 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-16-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can anyone actually afford to see them this time?

Weren't they one of the first dino-rockers to jack their face-value ticket prices into the $200-$300 range?

What will they want this time out? $500 for gold circles and $100 for lawn? No thanks.
Old 04-16-02, 10:54 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing them, but not enough to pay the kind of prices of their Hell Freezes Over tour.
Old 04-16-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by grunter
Can anyone actually afford to see them this time?

Weren't they one of the first dino-rockers to jack their face-value ticket prices into the $200-$300 range?

What will they want this time out? $500 for gold circles and $100 for lawn? No thanks.

I'm curious to see what they will be charging.

-Steve
Old 05-12-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They would probably just tell you to 'get over it' eh?
Old 05-12-02, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only over the hill rockers that I will waste my time to see are the Stones, got to take my 6 year old, before my wife fills his head w/ Celine Dion.
Old 05-13-02, 09:32 AM

Without Don Felder?
NO THANKS
Old 05-13-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 284 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally posted by bluesman
Without Don Felder?
NO THANKS
Yeah, what happened to Don? Why did they give him the boot??
Old 03-05-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Added more Eagles' confirmed tour dates at top.

For what may be the beginning of the end, the Eagles have confirmed several dates for their upcoming Farewell I tour. Although no explanation for the trek's moniker has been announced, seven shows scattered from May through July have, with tickets already available to members of the veteran Southern California rock band's new official fan club.

The first announced show will take place May 16 in Sunrise, Fla. Also confirmed are performances in Atlanta; San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas, Texas; Philadelphia, and Boston. The tour will feature the core band as a four-piece consisting of singer/drummer Don Henley, singer/guitarist Glen Frey, guitarist Joe Walsh, and bassist Timothy B. Schmit.

As previously reported, the tour is expected to hit 40 cities through the summer and another 40 in the fall. A new album is due out in the fall on a new band-owned independent label.

Fans who opt to pay the $60 annual membership fee for the group's Yahoo!-affiliated official fan club (eagles.yahoo.com), have first crack at tickets to the initial dates. Tickets go on sale March 10 to the general public; prices range from $40 to $47 for the cheapest seats, and around $177 for the most expensive.

Along with advance ticket opportunities, fan club members will also have access to exclusive audio and video content, tour diaries, backstage photo galleries, and fan message boards and chat functionality.

After disbanding in the early 1980s, the Eagles were inactive for more than a decade before Henley, Frey, Walsh, Schmit, and guitarist Don Felder reunited in 1994 for an MTV acoustic concert special dubbed "Hell Freezes Over." A similarly titled tour followed, as did an album that featured some newly recorded studio material and live renditions of classic songs from the special. The Geffen album debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 7.7 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Felder last performed with the band during a trio of millennium concerts in Las Vegas and Los Angeles. He was ousted from the band in 2001 and later filed suit against Henley and Frey for wrongful termination.

The four-piece Eagles toured mid-size and smaller North American cities last year, grossing nearly $35 million from 31 sold-out shows.