Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Rasputina Fans...

Old 04-16-02, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rasputina Fans...

All you Rasputina fans out there, assuming any are out there... I was wondering if you knew of any groups that had their sound. I don't just want the goth style, but the whole cello thing as well... though good goth bands (not necessarily just club music) wouldn't be sneered at either.

The closest I have come is Switchblade Symphony and they lack in the classical instrument department. Any help that may be forthcoming will be appreciated. Thanks!

~Scheherazade
Old 04-16-02, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Unto Ashes

A band you may want to look into is Unto Ashes. Some of their tunes conjure up a dark, gypsy campfire, using hurdy gurdy, dulcimer, guitar, harp, etc.... I bought their album Moon Oppose Moon just based on the review on the cover and I'm certainly glad I did. They are on Projekt and you can check them out at their website. I highly recommend them!

Unto Ashes
Old 04-16-02, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just grabbed Scourge from Unto Ashes, they're pretty keen. Thanks for the recommendation, I just knew this thread'd go replieless . You should check out Rasputina and see how you like them... I don't know many who know about them but those who do love them.

~Scheherazade