Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Remy Shand... Opinions?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Remy Shand... Opinions?

Old 04-12-02, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remy Shand... Opinions?

Did anyone buy Remy Shand's album "Way I feel" ? I quite enjoy his first single "Take a message" and was wondering if the rest of the tracks were on par with that. Thanks.
Old 04-12-02, 03:29 PM
Cool New Member

I picked up his album for 7.99 at Tower and am diggin it. I love soul music and this guy is good. If you look at the liner notes you see he plays all the instruments on his album. I found it pretty impressive. I bought it based on the first single and found it a good indicator of what is on the album. I think Tower has it on a listening station if you want to check out some other songs. Hope a few more people check him out.
Old 04-13-02, 01:33 AM

no you didn't

Originally posted by greeny
My boyfriend got this for me last month and I love the album. I posted a thread on here last month about Remy, but didn't get too many opinions. Wonderful debut album. Reminds me so much of Marvin Gaye.
i can't believe that you just said he reminds you of Marvin Gaye. Marvin Gaye? no. truthfully, Remy Shand has talent and i believe that he has a good future as a producer/composer, but needs to reconsider this solo career. he cannot sing very well IMO and it is terribly revealed on the album.
Old 04-15-02, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by greeny

I think he has a good, refreshing voice, and I am a huge M. Gaye fan. Of course, he is NO Marvin, just reminds me a bit of him. Just my opinion, of course and I have never claimed to be a music critic.
Reminds me more of Maxwell IMO.
Old 04-17-02, 09:55 AM

I had a chance to sample the album, and if you're into his style of slower, mellow, lounge type music, then you're going to really enjoy the album. I think it's well worth it if your dig his stuff, or what you've heard so far.

The Marvin Gaye comparison is also what i made at first.
Old 07-21-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Remy Shand... Opinions?

With Maxwell back in full-forum, wondered whatever happened to another Neo-Soul guy that got some attention years ago, Remy Shand. What the hell happened to him? 7 years after his debut, he just disappeared. wikipedia says that he just... well disappeared. Official websites are gone, no news. Guess if someone goes missing in Canada, they won't be found.
Old 07-22-09, 10:03 PM

i never picked it up, actually forgot about him. take a message and rocksteady were good tracks tho.
Old 05-23-13, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn40ceoUiwY

He's back!
Old 05-23-13, 09:31 PM
Banned

I thought this guy was going to breakthrough big time after Way I Feel. Good to see he's back. Not too late Remy, not too late.
Old 06-02-13, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Rocksteady is the only song I like from him. Never heard of the guy, then one night about 6 yrs ago saw him perform Rocksteady on one of the late night talk shows. Listened to that complete album, didnt really dig anything else on it.