Reload this Page >

Trading players in All Star 2003 for GC

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-12-02, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

During my season the computer is making some dumbass trades. Is there an easy way to undo these? I've tried making fake players and doing three way trades, but that's very confusing and plus I hate having those fake players on there... any help?
Old 04-12-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Xbox version, but I'm pretty sure that there's no way to disallow computer trades. I haven't checked my franchise yet to see what trades were made, but I have noticed some really stupid errors that it makes setting the lineups. In the last game I thought it was odd that Ichiro was on their team but benched and only pinch-hitting. I checked the team stats for his team to see that they have him platooning in centerfield with Brady Anderson (???). A lot of the comp teams have messed up outfields for some reason, I assume that if they have more than one guy at a position they switch the lineups based on if the pitcher they're facing is right or left handed.

I love ASB2003, but the stupid comp maneuvers really do mess the franchise up a bit. It's level of annoyance is second only to how unbelievably easy it is to steal a base at will. I really hate that...
Old 04-12-02, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Yeah, it's a great game but definitely still has some major flaws... I have 25 HRs with Sosa, and I'm only on April 19th in my season on All Star difficulty. Oh, and the White Sox got Armando Benitez in a trade with the Mets for Royce Clayton... It's just not right, hahaha!