Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Meat Loaf Fans ...

Old 04-10-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meat Loaf Fans ...

OK, I have a feeling starting this thread is a really bad idea, but what the hell ...

I know you exist, so show yourselves.

das
Old 04-10-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is a trick thread, right?

Just like the schoolyard bullies who used to say, "uh, yeah, we think you're cool. Why don't you come out to the smoking tree with us and hang?" And then beat the living crap out of you when you took them up on their offer.

I'm thinking Meatloaf fans will be lured out in the open and then the pointing, the laughing and the mocking will begin.

Bravo, das. Good play.

But I shan't be fooled. Nay. Not this day.

He was the best "Eddie" there ever was. But "BOOHII" was a steaming pile. Hilarious videos though.
Old 04-10-02, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guilty as charged! Love Bat out of Hell. The cassette tape stayed in my car stereo for ages when it first came out....(Yes I am old)
Old 04-10-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

2 out of 3 ain't bad!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-02, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

(showing my age)

I remember buying the album with a friend when it came out, he asked the cashier if he could return it if his mom wouldn't let him have it since it had the word "hell" in the title (we were young).

And a few years later I picked it up on 8-track, eventually the tape broke after listening to it so much (that, or the player was rough on tapes).

I never did buy it on cassette, but I do own it on CD.

It is a very good album and I'm not ashamed to say it. His followup albums weren't too good (and I didn't buy any), though I always have liked one of his album titles, "Midnight at the Lost & Found" (if I remember right).

Here's a little trivia for you: In the song "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights", the baseball announcer is Phil Rizuto, the famous Yankee announcer. When the song became a hit, he had to say that he didn't know what the song was about when he made the recording (he is Catholic).

I once saw a video of this song, recorded in the 70s with the original female singer. I'd love to see that video again. Maybe I'll run across it on VH1 Classic some day.