Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

PS2 Owners : Pick up any Greatest Hits yet?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-02, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

I'm so happy that the budget line is finally out. I bought Twisted Metal Black today at Wallyworld and just LOOOVE it. Very cool. Has anyone else picked up a game they had passed on before thanks to the new nice prices?

ps: If you need a suggestion ATV Offroad Fury is a blast. Still one of my favorite games.
Old 04-05-02, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just placed an order for ATV last night at amazon.com with my nextcard gc's. Can't wait to get it. I wanted it for a long time but being on a college budget its hard to buy every game that you want.

I am probably going to pick up TM:B sometime this week at Best Buy with the coupon out of this months Gamepro. I already have GT3. Is the other game, Dark Cloud?, any good? Haven't really heard much about it.
Old 04-05-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually I just picked up Madden 2001. $15
Old 04-06-02, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by Timdog35
Is the other game, Dark Cloud?, any good? Haven't really heard much about it.
It was supposed to be Sony's Zelda-killer, but I heard it turned out tedious. Although they're not officially greatest hits, I have my eye on Ico and Frequency now that they're nice-priced. I've heard they're both great.
Old 04-06-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dark Cloud is pretty lame. It's interesting for about 40 minutes but then once you realize it's alot of repitition it gets incredibly lame. If you're looking for a good adventure/action game, Drakan The Ancients Gates is REALLY well done.
Old 04-06-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Re: PS2 Owners : Pick up any Greatest Hits yet?

Originally posted by Decker
I'm so happy that the budget line is finally out. I bought Twisted Metal Black today at Wallyworld and just LOOOVE it. Very cool. Has anyone else picked up a game they had passed on before thanks to the new nice prices?

ps: If you need a suggestion ATV Offroad Fury is a blast. Still one of my favorite games.

I agree. I paid full price for it and had a lot of fun.
Old 04-07-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up ATV Offroad Fury and Twisted Metal Black...but then again, I just got a PS2 on Thursday
Old 04-07-02, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What are the other low-price PS2 games available? Ico sounds pretty tempting.
Old 04-07-02, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis
What are the other low-price PS2 games available? Ico sounds pretty tempting.
I think TM:B, ATV Fury, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and Dark Cloud are the only official Greatest Hits titles. They list for $24.99 but can be found for $20 at BB, CC and Wal Mart among others. I think almost all the launch titles can be found for around $20 except the two fighting games (DOA2 and TTT), I have to think that thier price will drop soon now that VF4 is the new king of the genre. I saw that Ico was $25 and Frequency was $30 at BB. I was interested in those two games because they got good reviews, but didn't seem to be worth $50 each.

Does anyone know what new deals are available at Sam's Club? Are the Greatest Hits cheaper there?
Old 04-07-02, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Decker

I think TM:B, ATV Fury, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec and Dark Cloud are the only official Greatest Hits titles. They list for $24.99 but can be found for $20 at BB, CC and Wal Mart among others. I think almost all the launch titles can be found for around $20 except the two fighting games (DOA2 and TTT), I have to think that thier price will drop soon now that VF4 is the new king of the genre. I saw that Ico was $25 and Frequency was $30 at BB. I was interested in those two games because they got good reviews, but didn't seem to be worth $50 each.

Does anyone know what new deals are available at Sam's Club? Are the Greatest Hits cheaper there?
Looks like the only one I'll probably buy is Ico, since I already own TM:B, GT3, and TTT, and the others don't really interest me. Oh, and I'll probably pick up Onimusha since it's around $20 now.
Old 04-07-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

heh, GT3 is like the only actual "greatest hits", since it sold alot of copies. Twisted Metal did alright, but ATV and dark cloud are that price cuz they didn't sell worth crap.