Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tony Hawk on the Xbox versus other consoles

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-02, 09:03 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony Hawk on the Xbox versus other consoles

I went ahead and picked this up. I'm enjoying it a bit more on the Xbox than the GCN. The frame rate is substantially better, the graphics are slightly better. The graphics "crisper" on the Xbox, and all the jitters are gone. I also notice some nice bumpmapping such as on trees and the textures look overall better. The make your own sound feature is awesome too (that wipe your ass song is so horrible). The controller works better for me too, than the GCN controller. My hand just never gets tired using it so that's probably why. I heard it's even better with the Japanese/S-controller so I might have to pick that up when it comes out.

It's definitely the best version you can get. I hope they go back to the drawing board for Tony Hawk 4 and come up with an even better game, the series is starting to get tired. Or at least have someone come out with a skateboarding game that's as good to give them some competition.
Old 04-02-02, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couldnt agree more. I never played it on GCN...but I did play it on PS2. Smoother and Crisper...

I have beat it with 5 different guys and I cant quit playing it...
Old 04-02-02, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also agree. The game is going to be much better then the GC one. The one for the xbox was actually optimizrd for the system, the GC one was a PS2 port. It will be more interesting to compare the next round of Tony games when all of them are optimized for each system.
Old 04-02-02, 10:27 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
I also agree. The game is going to be much better then the GC one. The one for the xbox was actually optimizrd for the system, the GC one was a PS2 port. It will be more interesting to compare the next round of Tony games when all of them are optimized for each system.
That's true, it was rushed out the door to launch with the GCN. I forgot about that.
Old 04-03-02, 03:27 PM
Cool New Member

"(that wipe your ass song is so horrible)"

That's Del the Funky Homosapien! It's fantastic!
Old 04-03-02, 04:28 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ray Luv
"(that wipe your ass song is so horrible)"

That's Del the Funky Homosapien! It's fantastic!
I guess I didn't catch that in the original post... It's WASH YOUR ASS for the record, people. The song is one of my favorite to skate to (am I only the only one that plays skating games to the tunes?).

By the way, the X-Box version better have been superior... It had plenty of months over the other versions to improve. As far as the control being better, I certainly can't see that, as I feel the Gamecube controller is one of the best controllers ever, and definitely the best on the market. To each their own...
Old 04-03-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Its better than any other version, but unfortunately I had already played the game to death on the Gamecube and there was no way I would buy it again. When the Xbox version drops in price I will pick it up.
Old 04-03-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think that Tony Hawk 3 on Xbox is by far the best control scheme as well as gameplay that I've played. PS2 was really choppy and slowed down on the longer trick combos and I just couldn't do the GC controller. Especially for 40 bucks this week at Best Buy, I highly recommend it.
Old 04-04-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by IIG

I guess I didn't catch that in the original post... It's WASH YOUR ASS for the record, people. The song is one of my favorite to skate to (am I only the only one that plays skating games to the tunes?).

By the way, the X-Box version better have been superior... It had plenty of months over the other versions to improve. As far as the control being better, I certainly can't see that, as I feel the Gamecube controller is one of the best controllers ever, and definitely the best on the market. To each their own...
I agree. That song is great. Really describes my brother.