Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody else heard of 2 Skinnee J's?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-02, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back from one of the best shows in a long time.

I had never heard of 2 Skinnee J's before. One of my friends, made me listen to one of their cd's and I didn't really get into it. He pulled me to the concert tonight...at the Handlebar (a local club/bar) and we started to watch the opening act, Phungusamungus. The only thing that was good about that band was the lead singers voice, which was okay. Hardly anyone was there to see them. As 10:00 rolled around, the place started to get packed. My friend told me that 2 Skinnee J's sounded nothing like Phungusamungus. I hoped so. They came on. Me, my friend, and the five other people we were with moved to the front. The music started. And I got into it. The band was energetic, the crowd was loving it and I gashed up my "middle digit" knuckles drumming on the end of the stage.

I am now a fan of this great band, 2 Skinnee J's.

Has anyone heard of them? What is your opinion of their sound.

I am getting to more and more like the rock/rap/funk music...
Any other recommendations that are somewhat like 2 Skinnee J's?
Old 04-02-02, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost picked this up. Based on your recommendations, I think I will
Old 04-02-02, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been listening to 2 Skinnee J's for the past 2 years now. I read a blurb about them in some magazine, so I bought their CD Supermercado. It hasn't left my car since. These guys blew me away and immediately became one of my favorite groups. The music is great, but what really brings a smile to my face are the lyrics. Their vast knowledge of pop culture and rapid-fire funky wordplay kill me. I definitely recommend buying Supermercado and their new one, Volumizer, if you're interested in rap/rock with a brain.