DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Romeo Is Bleeding

Old 04-01-02, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review Romeo Is Bleeding

Romeo is Bleeding is an entertaining Neo-Noir. The cast is uniformly excellent: Gary Oldman and Lena Olin headline with cameos and bit pieces by many of the best hollywood has to offer. Peter Medak's direction is assured and inventive. I won't detail any of the plot points as there are several reviews to read including Ebert's general dislike of this film. Romeo Is Bleeding is a hommage done up in sardonic humor. I enjoyed it. The transfer surprised me, as its from MGM I was expecting the worst, with its very film like quality. A few blemishes here and there but nothing that detracts from the viewing. Overall a great guilty pleasure. It is an added bonus that the audio and video are quite good and it is sold at $12-$15 everywhere. Worth a rent but I'm keeping my copy.

Last edited by Smog; 04-03-02 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-02-02, 08:33 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great bad cop film. Classic Oldman, and Lena Olin is my favorite bad chick of all time. She is so deliciously sinister