Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Has anyone played NBA 2K2 for Gamecube?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-02, 11:45 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone played NBA 2K2 for Gamecube?

Im interested in buying this title. Just wondering if anyone has played it and there thoughts on it.
Old 03-29-02, 08:46 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought this the other day and love it. It's the best basketball game period, and the GCN version is the one to get IMO. The graphics are better than the PS2 version. The X-box visuals are slightly better, but I can't stand the X-box controller so the Gamecube is the version to go with.

As for the game, if you like basketball sims, then get this. If you like more arcadey games get NBA Street or NBA Courtside. In NBA2k2 you'll have to learn how to run the plays and basically how to "coach" if you want to win on anything other than rookie. I won 3 straight games by 40+ on rookie, knocked the difficulty up to pro and lost by 12 -- to the Bulls! The computer isn't cheap either, it just plays realistically. It's tough to score in the NBA. Spin moves and pump fakes don't work very often above rookie difficulty, you have to learn the plays and learn to exploit mismatches.