Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any new Dreamcasts available anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-02, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any new Dreamcasts available anywhere?

Are the Dreamcast systems availible new anywhere anymore? Online, B&M, whatever?
Old 03-26-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know how much you're looking to spend, but they are always some for sale on ebay & half.com
Old 03-26-02, 01:42 PM

No, I'm looking for new, like return-with-a-receipt-able new. I have relatives who love mine, and I would like to give them each one for their birthdays (all coming up within the next 10 days), but I'm not going to buy them a gift that they can't return if they don't like it.

I can't believe that every store sold off their entire inventory in the last two months?!?
Old 03-26-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I can't believe that every store sold off their entire inventory in the last two months?!?
At 50 bucks or less per pop, I certainly can. I'd love to get another one, strictly for use as a back-up.
Old 03-26-02, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually I think most places sold out before Christmas (due to the price drop and cease of manufacture) ... as I understand it I was lucky to get mine for Christmas.

There are pre-owned ones listed on www.funcoland.com ... I'm not sure of the return policy on these, but they do have a short warranty. They want $69.99 for them or have several with a 2K sports game for $79.99

http://www.funcoland.com/search.asp?...v&sortby=title

According to the site: "This pre-owned system has been thoroughly tested and comes with a 30-day guarantee. Does not include original box."
Old 03-26-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK...found one for 89.95

http://www.toysnjoys.com/dc_system.html

They were kinda slow in shipping my stuff, saying it was back ordered, but they shipped it. I would give them a call if you need it within 10 days.
Old 03-27-02, 01:26 AM

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I'm just gonna ask the kids if they want the damn things, and if so, pick 'em up used. I hate hate hate dealing with places like funcoland, but it's either that, ebay, or the quite expensive site mentioned by Deadpool. I actually picked one up from funcoland tonight, and I can see it's gonna be a real pain in the ass to get good stuff -
Originally posted by sniper308
According to the site: "This pre-owned system has been thoroughly tested
Yeah, BS. the system I picked up came with the hookups and a controller shrink wrapped to the console. I got home and popped it open to insure that it was in proper working condition. The first thing I noticed was the incredible nicotene stench that came off the thing when I unwrapped it - the whole thing is yellowed from smoke. next, I see that they have given me a power plug that doesn't even fit in the hole in the unit. I go and get the power plug from my unit and plug 'er in - the thing shows the dreamcast logo and then the screen goes black. Nothing. Sure they thoroughly test the systems.
Old 03-27-02, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish

At 50 bucks or less per pop, I certainly can. I'd love to get another one, strictly for use as a back-up.
That's what I did. Got a brand new unopend one just in case....