Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

re-DDD pre-orders

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

re-DDD pre-orders

Old 03-21-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re-DDD pre-orders

Does anyone know if DDD charges your CC when you do a pre-order or when it ships?
Old 03-21-02, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it ships
Old 03-21-02, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks. (goes to order Harry Potter and Simpsons Season 2)
Old 03-23-02, 09:34 PM

Although DDD charges when it ships, beware of changing prices.

They will charge your credit card the SAME price they advertised when you placed the order. However, if they lower their prices, you will not get the benefit of the lower price unless you call their Customer Service number. They have to credit you with the old price and then charge you the new lower price. It would seem to be simpler just to credit you the difference!

In my case I ordered TRAINING DAY for $19.50 and now the price is $17.87. I called in and they made the adjustment described above. Same thing happened with HARRY POTTER which amounted to a $3 reduction.

Just don't expect Deep Discount to give you a lower price when it ships just because they lowered their price on that item. You have to watch their prices and call them for an adjustment!
Old 03-24-02, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD is not my choice for preorders
They will ship on a Friday but won't ship first class on preorders so the soonest (I) can get a movie from them is 7 days which means a Tues release is in my mailbox Friday.
this is really my only gripe with them.
The sloooow A/B shipping on Preorders/
Old 03-24-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

With the vast number of DVDs I order, it doesn't matter to me if I get them all on Tuseday or not. Hell, my mind boggles at all I am gettiing April 23rd! If DDD wants to mail them at different times and I get them at different times, even days later, it doesn't affect me all that much. I am not going to be able to watch them all on the same day anyway, not even if I take a day off of work! All people who get them earlier do is get tired of the DVD sooner. It's all relative. My universe won't collapse if I can't get every single new DVD I want on Tuesday, so DDD is just fine with me on shipping.