Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Shipping problems.....I need help

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-17-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered 2 DVD's from Amazon.com on 2/13 .One was tracked on 2/18 as arriving at the post office but it was never delivered. After speaking with people at the post office they claim to have sent the package back to Amazon however it isn't showing as being scanned. The second package was The Last Castle dvd which shipped on 3/4 and it still hasn't arrived and there is no tracking number for this DVD. I've never had this problem before with Buy.com, Best Buy.com, or anyone else. I was curious if anyone else has had this happen and what should I do next?
Old 03-17-02, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should call Amazon and let them know you didn't receive your order. I am sure they will ship out replacements. I never had the problem you described but Amazon has always fixed any problems I did have.
Old 03-17-02, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there are a lot of snags in the USPS system for some reason. I'm still waiting on packages shipped 2/27 and 3/1 and they were both last tracked by USPS on 3/2 in Delaware. Since I live in D.C. and Delaware is not that far away... something has gone wrong. This may just be higher package security in the D.C. area or may be symptomatic of a larger problem that you're experiencing too.
Old 03-21-02, 11:09 AM
Cool New Member

Amazon is pretty good on sending replacements. I ordered a 128 flash card a few months back. Showed it being delivered, but never showed up. Finally Amazon credit back my credit card, since I needed it for a trip. They'll probably tell you to wait a few more days before sending out a replacement.
Old 03-21-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've had items shipped and lost with USPS from Amazon before... they're great at sending replacements! It's happened 2-3 times with me and usually they send a replacement using UPS 2nd day or something.

Definately give them a call. 800-201-7575