Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon TV problems?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon TV problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-02, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Amazon TV problems?

Has anyone bought a TV from Amazon?

I purchased a Toshiba 32" flat screen from them about 1 1/2 months ago. There was a problem with the picture tube causing a line across the top of the screen. Amazon gladly replaced it with another Toshiba, completely at their cost.

The second TV also had a problem. Whenever a scene came on with bright colors, the set buzzed internally. Again, Amazon paid to have the set replaced. I decided this time to go with the Philips 32" flat screen (since the Toshiba used a Philips' tube anyway). It was $36 more, but Amazon said they would call it even because of my problems.

I just got the Philips and I have yet another problem. There is a brown smudge area down the middle of the screen, which is faint, but still noticeable.

I'm beginning to wonder where Amazon gets these TVs. I mean really, three straight defective sets? Granted, Amazon's customer service concerning the problems has been great. However, it would be nice to not need carry a 160 lb TV up and down from the second floor or have to disconnect all my components anymore.

Has anyone else had problems with their electronics?
Old 03-17-02, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats a tough break man

I bought a dvd player from them about 6 months ago, and its worked great. My understanding has always been that they bought directly from the manufacturer (not wholesalers).