Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

(Att: Netflix renters) Has this happened to you?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum, but I have seen ya'll talk about dvd rental places on this board.

I received an email from Netflix saying that the sleeve to a dvd a rented was returned but that the dvd was not in it. I am almost certain I put it in there and I cannot find it anywhere. It is not in my machine and I can't imagine where else it could be. I have not had an "real" problems up to this point (almost a year) but I am a bit suspicious about the situation. Have any of you had this happen when you are reasonably sure that you mailed the dvd back? I am continuing to look in case somehow I do have it.

Gracee
Old 03-13-02, 06:32 PM
Registered

Moving to store forum
Old 03-13-02, 07:37 PM

Yeah! Several months ago I sent back two or three discs at the same time. One of them never showed up and I sent their customer service an e-mail that I'd sent it but they never received it.
I'm still getting e -mails that they haven't received the stupid thing.

I've even moved, emptied my place out, and didn't find it.
One of these days I'm going to have to call these character but I'll tell you what; I'm so sick of dealing with so-called customer service departments that I can't do it unless it's absolutely necessary.
Old 03-13-02, 09:07 PM

Were they all in one envelope? Or did one of the envelopes never show up? I had one that just didn't show up for months. Finally one day it day. I blame that on the Post Office. But this time they got my envelope and the white sleeve the dvd goes in, but no dvd. Go figure?
Old 03-13-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I oonce sent a disk back and they never recieved it. I got several emails, and I called them and explained the situation and they were very understanding. If I remember right, they just put it down as lost in the mail. Luckily I didn't have to pay for it.
Old 03-13-02, 09:43 PM

I have been a member for a couple of years now and in that time I have had 3 discs lost in the mail and one broken disc. But never have had anything happen like you are reporting. I think you would have been able to tell if you didn't have the dvd in the return envelope it wouldn't have felt right...it wouldn't have weighed anything and would have flopped around. Sounds like Post Office or Netflix screw up...
Old 03-14-02, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm sure you would have noticed if you went to put the white sleeve back in the envelope without the dvd! It sounds like it was stolen out of the envelope in the mail.

Whenever I rent DVDs through the mail, I usually use extra scotch tape to seal the envelope so it can't be opened and resealed easily.

I'd call them and explain that you returned it and it must have been stolen in the mail.