Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

X-Box System Rental...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Box System Rental...

Does anyone know of any store that rents the X-box system? My local Blockbuster (Northern NJ) rents PS2 only. I cannot think of any other store I should try.
Old 03-13-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I would try Hollywood video if there is one by you.
Old 03-13-02, 10:34 AM

Thanks Big Daddy:
I'm thinking of buying it from Amazon & keep it for 30 days, then return it...there's free shipping, so I am only out on the return shipping (probably around $25 insured), which is basically a "rental cost", but for 30 days! I'll buy the game I want to try (RalliSport), and then sell it on eBay, since Amazon won't take back open video games (and if it is really as good as it is supposed to be, I may just keep everything!).
Old 03-13-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I picked mine up the day it came out and have no regrets. I think you will be happy. I would check out Halo as well. Amazing game.
Old 03-13-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I dont know about any Blockbusters renting out X-Boxes. I know that they were supposed to get some but I dont think it went through. Besides i'd imagine with the money youd spend on a deposit you could just just buy one. Perhaps Hollywood video would be a better place to check.
Old 03-13-02, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hollywood does.
Old 03-13-02, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All of the blockbusters near me rent them out. I believe the Hollywood does also.

"Cmon Silent Bob, we going to Hollywood"
Old 03-13-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Is it an issue between "alliances" that each store has? I mean blockbuster is pretty big into Sony's wallet since sony also does movies... I wouldn't see why Blockbuster would have much connection with Microsoft in this hand. and since Blockbuster is all about making exclusive rights and deals. I wouldn't really count BB as one of those you will get much help from on this
Old 03-13-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I know the Hollywood near me does and I'm pretty sure the blockbuster does too. You might want to check an independent store because I was going to rent an X-Box from Hollywood video so I can get my Jet Set Radio on and it was expensive, the local store was a lot cheaper, only $9.99. You always have to put down some kind of deposit like $100 or something though, you get it back, I'll probably get to doing that pretty soon. But even at hollywood its not that bad of a deal.

Look up video rental in the yellow pages and call the stores to ask them if they rent x-Box systems, it'll save a lot of time and hassle driving around.