Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any Reviews For NBA Street ....Gamecube

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-02, 07:28 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Reviews For NBA Street ....Gamecube

Big B'Ball fan. Rented NBA Courtside, not the worst b'ball game ever, but definetly not a keeper. Highly anticipating NBA2K2, just wondering if i should skip this one or give it a shot.
Old 03-11-02, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First off, the Gamecube version turned out great. The single player mode gets old in a week or two but if you're into multiplayer this title is a must have.
Old 03-11-02, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,257 Likes on 4,278 Posts
Love the PS2 version, for 2-person anyway. Did they get rid of the Vancouver court now that there's not a team there anymore?

I wish they had waited a couple of months before putting out this game. It's a pain when all the players are on the wrong team.
Old 03-11-02, 10:11 AM

NBA Street is basketball, but it isn't. It's more along the lines of NBA Jam (but with more depth) and follows arcade rules and crazy antics more than true basketball. That said, the game is a blast and if it sounds interesting to you than definitely check it out!!
Old 03-11-02, 10:24 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ght=NBA+Street

There's several opinions in that thread from around when the game was released on the GCN a few weeks back.

I think it's one of the most fun game I've ever played. If you like basketball, pick it up. It's also a good deal better than the PS2 version. The graphics, especially the animation, are better and the load times have been cut down greatly. The rosters are accurate as of Jan. 4, 2002. So they're more accurate than the PS2 version, but still don't have the newest trades, i.e. Van Excel and Lafrentz to the Mavs. I also greatly prefer the GCN controller, over the Dual Shock, so that's another plus for me.