Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Criterion "Juliet of the Spirits" Film/DVD Review with Screen Captures

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 03-10-02, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed Fellini's "Juliet of the Spirits" Criterion DVD... and have penned my review, which any interested parties may view BY CLICKING HERE I have included a number of screen captures to give a sampling of the picture quality.
Excerpt:
With a new and improved restoration and sub-title transfer Criterion has done it again with this DVD by bringing a masterful directors vision of beauty to a heightened new level within the medium. The disc includes a trailer and 20 minutes interview with Fellini where the master director relates experiences on LSD 25. I found it quite fascinating and the disc colors and clarity marvelous ...
Cheers,
Old 03-10-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nive review Gary. I like your reviews over at www.dvdbeaver.com
& it's especially nice to see someone review Bunuel's EL y La vida criminal de Arcihbaldo de la Cruz. I also bought the Films Sans Frontières region free NTSC DVd at DVDGO (best DVD bargain of 2001?), and Los Olvidados, also NTSC region 0 from Films Sans Frontières, was my favorite DVD release last year.

cheers, Tony Block
Old 03-12-02, 03:52 AM
Banned

I'll second that on the reviews page.

I pre-ordered Juliet some time ago and am expecting it any day. Assuming that the clips used in the 8 1/2 disc were from the Criterion restored version, my anticipation couldn't be higher.

I'm very interested in getting those Bunuel's mentioned. Is there another source besides DVDGO? I found the Criminal/El disc, but they don't list Olvidados in stock. I'll write them and ask, but if you can suggest another source I'd appreciate it.

Does anyone knows if Exterminating Angel is anywhere to be found, or planned for release?