Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Columbia releases DRUNKEN MASTER on DVD: 1st review is thumbs way up

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 03-10-02, 09:17 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fans of Jackie Chan's first big hit, DRUNKEN MASTER, can rest easy. A high quality R1 NTSC version is on its way. No more bullcrap bootlegs or lousy Simitar nightmares. You can even use your 1.78:1 HKL edition as a coaster, because it's now coming in 2.35:1 with the original Cantonese soundtrack!

Full review over at DVD Authority. More titles are planned under the "Destination Films" line, including SHIRI, FULL CONTACT and SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW.

This is the best news fans of Hong Kong cinema have had in years. I applaud Columbia TriStar for doing these films correctly and with the respect they deserve.
Old 03-10-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks fantastic. I have been meaning to get the HKL release for a while. But this one will certainly be in my collection. I'm glad I waited on getting Shiri. The upcoming anime Metropolis will also be in the Destination Films line. Very good news.
Old 03-11-02, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Columbia releases DRUNKEN MASTER on DVD: 1st review is thumbs way up

Originally posted by Matt Stevens
This is the best news fans of Hong Kong cinema have had in years. I applaud Columbia TriStar for doing these films correctly and with the respect they deserve.
Columbia TriStar has been my studio of choice for releasing foreign movies, especially movies from Hong Kong. While not perfect, they certainly seem a cut above a lot of the other studios - especially Disney and New Line!
Old 03-11-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For me, the studio of choice has always been Hong Kong Legends. But for once, it looks like they may be beat with this Columbia release.
Old 03-15-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, now it turns out Hong Kong Legends will be releasing a Platinum edition of Drunken Master. It will feature a new 2.35 transfer. It might be worth holding out for that.