Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

latin music

Old 03-05-02, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
latin music

trying to figure out the name/artist of a song. i have heard it on the radio a few times but i only know about 3 lyrics. female singer and the only lyrics i know are estoy aqui esperandote. it is kinda a pop/clubbish song.

i also saw it on tv on the cartelera pepsi late last night but i cant find a damn link for the list anywhere. if any of y'all have a clue of the dong or how i could go about looking up the pepsi list, feel free to share!
Old 03-05-02, 02:20 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No habla espaniol.

Could it be Shakira:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2316/estoyaqi.html ?

-David
Old 03-05-02, 03:22 AM

nope, positive it is not shakira. thanks for the attempt, though. unfortunately, i dont have reception to pick up the channel so i can watch the porgram again. i saw it at my parent's house the first time. in case any of you pick up latin tv stations and are reallllllllly bored, i could offer something for you to do
Old 03-05-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Guatemalan wife says that Shakira has a song with those exact lyrics in it. Guess there is more than one song like that!
Old 03-05-02, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Estoy Aqui" was the big song from Shakira's first album, Pies Descalzos.

Here is a 30 second clip (from tower records):

http://mfile.akamai.com/3171/wm2/muz...asx?obj=v20130

It's got to be Shakira, though I suppose it is possible that Pepsi bought the rights to the song and had somebody else sing it.
Old 03-05-02, 05:40 PM

nope, i know the song by shakira and the one i am thinking of is not it--completely different style and voice and the girl doesnt look like her either. they have a partial english version of the song out as well because i hear it on the spanish hip hop station down here every once in awhile. grr, gonna have to find someone with cable and go sit at their house and figure this out! the tv show is just like any top 20 countdown of the most modern songs--if any of you watch spanish tv and wanna do me a favor, let me know and i will tell you what time and day it comes on so you can see who it is
Old 03-05-02, 09:21 PM
bv3

Maybe it is "Y Yo Sigo Aquí" by Paulina Rubio. It is like the song you describe but the lyrics are "Y yo sigo aquí, esperandote". Also I think there is an english version, but it's not on the CD.
Old 03-05-02, 11:15 PM

YES YES YES!!! that is the song. you are my new hero!!! sorry for the crappy lyrics--i only heard it a few times and this white girl needs to brush up on her espanol!

thanks a million!
Old 03-06-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like that song (have seen the video many times on HTV). Here is a 30 second clip:

http://mfile.akamai.com/3171/wm2/muz...asx?obj=v11113
Old 03-07-02, 12:18 AM
bv3

If you like that one you should also check out "El Ultimo Adios" and "Sexi Dance". Those are two other good songs from that album.