Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Dvd Box Office habit ?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dvd Box Office habit ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-02, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd Box Office habbit ?

Hi everyone ,

Late 2001 I ordered Jhon Belushi collection from them , they didn't ship it to me when it was still available but instead email a month later it is back ordered and now ofcourse I can't get it anywhere .

Although I was upset with this I thought it was one time glitch .

Now I ordered another DVD that is in stock and was in a good price ( not a great bargain but ok ) , to my surprise they sent me another email it was back ordered and what's more THEY RAISED THE PRICE OF THAT DVD .

I'm writing this NOT to trash DvdBoxOffice but to ask if anyone else encounter this way of action too ?
Old 02-28-02, 02:09 PM

With DVD Box Office you can't tell if an item is in stock or not. They don't have that info on their website. Many people make the mistake to believe that all items listed on their website are in stock, order some rare title and wonder why they don't get a shipping confirmation (at least they don't charge your card before actually shipping the item).

This place is as bad as any other Canadian etailer. One advice I can give you from my own long experience: Never order from Canada. Just stick to US etailers. I definitely had enough trouble ordering from abroad.
Old 03-01-02, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've found some of DVD Box Office's prices very satisfactory, and although it's a shame that the website doesn't show whether a title is in stock or not, I've had mostly good experiences with them.
Old 03-01-02, 11:13 AM

Mike Myers, try DVDImport.com for pre-orders: the cheapest and fastest!
Old 03-01-02, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by Robbert
I don't see stock status on their website either. Seems to be typical for Canadian outfits. Might try them anyways sometime.
Old 03-02-02, 06:45 AM
Cool New Member

But they charge your card immediately after placing the order!
Old 03-02-02, 10:05 AM

Order your pre-orders about a week before the release date!
Old 03-02-02, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

Order your pre-orders about a week before the release date!
O.k. your point But if you order something they haven't in stock, it could take them weeks before they ship your order.
Old 03-08-02, 06:56 PM

Stay away from these jerks, they'll charge your card and you'll try like hell to get your money back. I had them do it on titles that were out of print and there as no way they would ever be able to get them back.

They were rude via email and I had to threaten them to get my money back.
Old 03-09-02, 06:21 AM

Originally posted by thanador
Stay away from these jerks, they'll charge your card and you'll try like hell to get your money back. I had them do it on titles that were out of print and there as no way they would ever be able to get them back.

They were rude via email and I had to threaten them to get my money back.
Why am I not surprised? Seems to be the same with every one of these "low-price" outfits from Canada. Etailers charging your CC immediately after you place an order are mostly scam sites. Do NOT order there!
Old 03-09-02, 10:37 PM

That's not DVDboxoffice. They have never charged my card until the item has shipped. I do about one order per month with them, they are slower but not too bad. Never order anything from Quebec. You might be thinking about DVdsoon or dvdpassion.com.
Old 03-11-02, 02:18 PM
Cool New Member

Don't buy anything from Dvdpassion.com. It has a very bad reputation. (Forum SPAM, Very bad customers service, etc.).

Never order anything from Quebec. You might be thinking about DVdsoon or dvdpassion.com
Don't generalize this fact. There are some retailers with a very good customers service.

Archambault Website in English and French

Or this english canadian retailer
C&L
Old 03-11-02, 11:47 PM

No, I am not trying to generalize. Just saying that everytime I have dealt with a Quebec etailer it has been a mess. I just will not buy from any etailer based in Quebec. Many might not have had any problems, but my 3 orders were such a mess that it is not worth my time to even consider them.

Add www.cdplus.ca to that list. Slow on some titles but usually less than Cnl.com.