Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews Wanted: Disney's Cinderalla 2

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-02, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How good of a DVD is this movie? Special Features etc? How good of a plot does it have?Worth a purchase?

Your thoughts?
Old 02-27-02, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I heard it's not too good. It's 3 short stories not 1 movie.

I'll probably pick it up anyway for my 4 year old daughter.

Here's a review:
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...ii_dreams.html
Old 02-27-02, 04:05 PM

I bought this for my 4 year old who is going through her Disney Princess phase right now, and we watched it last night. Honestly, it plays like it's the first 3 episodes of a Cinderella TV show developed for Toon Disney which were then turned into a movie by linking them together with a transitional story involving the mice making a storybook for Cinderella.

Special features are pretty minimal. A 5-minute featurette on the music, a game and a DVD storybook (plus about 10 trailers).

There are plenty of Disney movies I enjoy watching with my kids, but even at 75 minutes it moved along rather slowly.

Trivia note for comic book geeks (like myself): the voices for Cinderella and the Prince sounded real familiar and upon viewing the credits found out they are the same voices as Felicia Hardy/Blackcat and Spider-Man from the 90s animated series
Old 02-27-02, 10:36 PM

It's 3 short stories not 1 movie.
To clarify, it IS one movie - it's not something that provides three separate episodes. However, this statement is correct in that the film doesn't provide one narrative, unlike the original. It uses a framework in which the mice - with help from the Fairy Godmother - write a book for Cinderella. The three stories come from their work.

And it ain't very good. It's just more bland direct-to-video product, with no imagination or charm. The animation is some of the worst I've seen from Disney as well. Little kids will likely enjoy it, but it's not something many adults would like...