Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster Employees Suck

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-02, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to Blockbuster expecting to be able to use this coupon that I have. The coupon clearly states " Rent Up To 3 DVDs, Videos or Games For 99 Cents Each Per Coupon Per Visit. The dumb Blockbuster worker did not understand the coupon. He wanted to charge me full price for two of my movies and 99 cents for one them. He said I needed 3 coupons in order to get each movie for 99 cents each. None of the 3 young boys that were working there could understand the correct meaning of the coupon so I left with nothing. How dumb can they be? I'll speak to the manager tomorrow. Has anyone else ever expericed this?
Old 02-26-02, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
ask to talk to the supervisor (and be firm about it). Sometimes times, the pawns will fold rather than have to go get the manager.

Edit:
/rant
I had a similar story about lazy people. I bought something at my school's bookstore, and tried to charge it on my AMEX card. They said it was declined, and I told them the card was good, and to try again. So, he does and tells me the same thing. So, I get out my cell phone, and get ready to call AMEX. The employee then tells me "oh, it's not that your card is bad, it's just that we don't accept charges on AMEX that are so small." I mean, if he told me that before, then it wouldn't waste my time. There's a clear difference between the card being declined by the CC, and the store not allowing you to place the charge.

Last edited by D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB); 02-26-02 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-27-02, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Life must really suck when a small thing like that upsets you so much you have to complain to their managers. Personally, I would just go in there when the store manager is there when I am also there to use the coupon. If the store manager took the coupon off properly, I would say, "Well, I was in here at such and such a time and they wouldn't let me use my coupon. What was up with that?" But if it's worth all your personal time and effort, by all means, go for it. I'd just deal with it next time I was in the store.
Old 02-27-02, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Quite a broad statement for one bad experience.
Old 02-27-02, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Blockbuster Employees Suck

Originally posted by Y2k_Jags
The coupon clearly states " Rent Up To 3 DVDs, Videos or Games For 99 Cents Each Per Coupon Per Visit.
Says clearly 99 cents each PER coupon. They were right. You are wrong. They are just limiting you to a total of 3 so you don't go in with 100 coupons.
Old 02-27-02, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Blockbuster Employees Suck

Virginally posted by caligulathegod
Says clearly 99 cents each PER coupon. They were right. You are wrong. They are just limiting you to a total of 3 so you don't go in with 100 coupons.
I still read that as up to 3 items for 99 cents per coupon. So his 3 items should have been 99 cents each. If he had a fourth item, that would have been at reg. price. So he is right and the employees are incorrect.

Y2k_Jags, It is a broad statment to say that Blockbuster employee suck. Perhaps you should be more specific or maybe not so general.
Old 02-27-02, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
I've read it 100 times and I think I'll concede. I'm wrong. The tricky part is it says (Minus extraneus words): Rent (as many as) 3 DVDs at 99 cents each per coupon." There must be some small print on there that clarifies it.
Old 03-01-02, 05:12 PM

Ok all Blockbuster employees do not suck. Maybe only certain teenage guys that do not understand the meaning of a certain coupon suck. I went the next day and the manager accepted the coupon. At first he said I had used the coupon but I told him about the day before and showed him my receipt. He said that the guy probably only scanned the coupon once. So I guess Blockbuster employees do not suck. I'm sorry if I stepped on any toes. Well I am off to Blockbuster to get my free movie or game for the week. Those 52 free rentals show are comming in handy.
Old 03-01-02, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by calhoun07
Life must really suck when a small thing like that upsets you so much you have to complain to their managers. Personally, I would just go in there when the store manager is there when I am also there to use the coupon. If the store manager took the coupon off properly, I would say, "Well, I was in here at such and such a time and they wouldn't let me use my coupon. What was up with that?" But if it's worth all your personal time and effort, by all means, go for it. I'd just deal with it next time I was in the store.
Life does not suck! I did not say I was going to complain to the manager. The worker said that I should come in the next day and speak to the manager. I did not speak to the manager to complain. I only wanted the manager to check me out since he probably would undertand how to apply the coupon. Which he did the next day.
Old 03-01-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lise doesn't have to suck to complain to a manager. I think people are preprogrammed to believe that if you go in there with your guns a'blazin' you'll get what you want. It's a shame to see that common couteousy doesn't extend to the customer service employees anymore. I'm not directing this to you, Y2k_Jags, I'm making a broad statement to everyone and noone.
Old 03-06-02, 02:00 AM
Cool New Member

I regularly visit about 6 BBV stores to see what PVD they put out weekly. I've learned to "work" the employees a great deal. They're so friendly now when I come in. They know that I don't have a membership there and that I'm just there for the PVD's. They always run in the back and pull the PVD's off the shelf that have not been put out for the general public yet. Now, thats great customer service. Often they even warn me that nothing new is in the store yet and it saves me the time of sorting through the PVD's! A little flirting and chatter never hurts!

G dog
Old 03-06-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That just goes to show you that you get what you put out. Unfortunately (and I am not saying there is anybody here who has posted who would fit this profile) there are those who feel that coming off as argumentive and coming out fighting right away will get them what they want. The sad thing is...it won't. It will just cause the employee or manager you are trying to deal with to put up their defensive guards and neither of you will get anywhere. Treat them right, and they will treat you right. The previous poster knows the secret that everybody should realize!