Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

anyone hear any of the new Local H yet?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

How is it?
Old 02-25-02, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just checked out some of the sound clips at amazon and it sounds pretty good, not quite as raucus as the last CD but I know I'll be picking this one up once it's officially released.

-Gunshy
Old 02-26-02, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I haven't heard this but I am looking forward to picking it up. Ham Fisted is my favorite by them so far even though I like all their stuff.
Old 02-26-02, 10:19 AM

This CD is going to rock, and hard. I've heard all of the songs (just about) live in concert when they were touring last week. Great stuff.

Check out their website, LocalH.com, for more news. There is a great B. Board there with tons of activity. Drop on by!

Last edited by Morf; 03-05-02 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-06-02, 12:12 PM

Wow. I picked up this album yesterday, and was absolutely blown away. This CD is an epic undertaking, par with AC/DC's Back in Black.

Don't believe me? Just pick it up and see.
Old 03-19-02, 04:23 PM

cdollaz, Gunshy: have you picked this up yet? Thoughts?
Old 03-26-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Morf
cdollaz, Gunshy: have you picked this up yet? Thoughts?
OK, finally picked this up today and paid too much (CDs, even new CDs should not cost $18 ) but I was having trouble finding it.

First, does everyone know there are apparently two versions of the cover? The one I have comes in one of those tilt-to-see-the-image-change covers a la Tool's Aenima CD and had a sticker on it that said "Special Limited Edition Package!" - maybe that's why it was $18

Anyway, my first listen and I am not overly impressed. Keep in mind however that I am a big fan of their last two CDs and the sound on this one is moving in a different direction - not quite as hard hitting, more poppish than grungy. There are the expected stand-out tracks ("Rock & Roll Professionals", can't recall others yet - still putting titles to sounds). Oh and, he he,

the last track is a 25 minute long mix of song and this long ass trail out which seems to be the H leaving the mike out on an apartment balcony in some LA neighborhood as you can hear skateboarders, cops, someone makin' a loud but distant banshee wail, steel drums, all sorts of stuff, for 20 minutes! cute, at least it fills the CD out to a respectable 62 minutes

I expect it will grow on me some but I wonder if I'm ever gonna warm up to it to where I like it as much as Cats?

It's definitely worth a listen for fans for sure, just don't necessarily pay $18 like I did!

Maybe I'll edit this post once I listen to it some more and have a better feel for it...

-Gunshy
Old 03-27-02, 07:00 AM

The cover you got was limited to the first 50,000 I think.
Old 03-27-02, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by zak52
The cover you got was limited to the first 50,000 I think.
That is correct.
Old 04-10-02, 08:50 PM

Well I finally picked it up and have to say I agree with Gunshy. After a couple of listens this isn't their best stuff. Hopefully it will grow on me though.
Old 04-10-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Back. Well, I listened to this disc a couple more times and it is definitely growing on me - yea! Two things that helped I think: 1. I didn't run over and pull out and listen to their older CDs - yet; 2. I have been listening to a bunch of other music, most of it supposedly heavy, and none of it can touch Zoo! Really, in the context of a lot of the new stuff I'm encountering today Zoo is way better. He he, I think most of my favorite CDs were not my favorites on the first listen but took time to grow on me and I think this one will be the same way.

-Gunshy
Old 07-04-02, 10:48 AM
Jho

the new cd is soo badazzz! it's been in my player for ages, I almost hate to move it but catching them live is the BEST thing ever.