Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

How does shopping through links help DVD Talk?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I'm just curious about this... I've shopped recently through the DDD link and a few others on here, but I'm not really clear on the "mechanics" so to speak on how that helps this site-- I mean, if I click on a link to another site, then didn't buy anything there, does that "register" the same or are they able to tell if I clink on a link from here and then actually purchase something? I know this is kinda a goofy question but I'm not a real tech-head and was just wondering if Geoff or someone can tell me how it works to help this site when you use links on it. Do they give you a fee or something? Anyway just wondering....
Old 02-21-02, 11:56 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most of Geoff's links include information that identify his site as the one you used to get to the online store. If you make a purchase, he get's a very small percentage of your purchase.

That's what pays the bills for this site, so thanks for using the links! (FYI, I'm a volunteer (as are all the mods/admins here), so I don't see any of the money. )
Old 02-22-02, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also wanted to point out that you pay the same either way, just because Geoff gets a percentage doesn't mean you're paying more, it just means the vendor gets less.