Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Fox buy 4 get 1 free troubles anyone?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-02, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I just got my buy 4 get one free offer back with a letter saying the incorrect proof of purchases were used, and they put a big X over my willow POP...now if i'm not mistaken willow was put out by 20th cen. fox as were my other 3 titles of Star Wars EP1, big trouble in little china, and predator, so does anyone know of a customer service number where this can be resolved? It's bad enough i had to demolish the POPs of these, now i get rejected... BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 02-20-02, 01:11 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They should have included in your rejection letter instructions on how to re-submit your corrected materials. Just send everything back to the address in the letter with a note explaining the situation. This will solve the problem for most of us.
Old 02-20-02, 02:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine rejected materials back yesterday as well. The red X was through "Batman the Movie", which is also a Fox title. The funny thing is, I had a big UPC bar code from "Simpson's Season 1" on there with a note explaining that there was no proper tab. Apparently that flew, but "Batman" (or "Willow", apparently) doesn't. I wanted to ask about a number to call as well, but sending it all back in with a note can't hurt, I suppose. {Groan} What a pain. Next time I hope Fox finds a different place to handle these offers. It's almost as if they're purposefully going out of there way to not send the free DVDs. If they don't want to give away free DVDs, just don't offer them.

JiM T
Old 02-20-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JiM T
Next time I hope Fox finds a different place to handle these offers. It's almost as if they're purposefully going out of there way to not send the free DVDs. If they don't want to give away free DVDs, just don't offer them.

JiM T
I've noticed that this place in El Paso has become the rebate capital of the US. In the last few months I've sent of for three other rebates to the same folks.
Old 02-20-02, 03:47 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Btw, the incompetent company that handles the offer is Gage Marketing. Universal, Fox, WB all use Gage as their fulfillment house

The Fox customer service is 877-369-7867. If you think Gage is incompetent in handling your rejected request, call the CS center and they will usually have you send the material to them directly.
Old 02-21-02, 02:41 AM

Re: Fox buy 4 get 1 free troubles anyone?

Originally posted by squaresoft7
Hey everyone, I just got my buy 4 get one free offer back with a letter saying the incorrect proof of purchases were used, and they put a big X over my willow POP...now if i'm not mistaken willow was put out by 20th cen. fox as were my other 3 titles of Star Wars EP1, big trouble in little china, and predator, so does anyone know of a customer service number where this can be resolved? It's bad enough i had to demolish the POPs of these, now i get rejected... BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry but you are mistaken Willow is was released by Columbia/TriStar Home Video see here on IMDB Company credits for Willow and on your dvd package.

Also they did the same thing to me on Batman: The Movie I mean come on they don't know their own stuff? well the firm thats doing it
Old 02-21-02, 01:28 PM

I sent away for mine at the end of August. Then I got a letter, at the end of December, saying my Die Hard Ultimate collection was not 3 DVD's. So, I sent a letter telling them that it is three seperate discs. Finally got the free movie the second week of Febuary. Six ****ing months!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-02, 01:33 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Fox buy 4 get 1 free troubles anyone?

Originally posted by evanmd
Sorry but you are mistaken Willow is was released by Columbia/TriStar Home Video see here on IMDB Company credits for Willow and on your dvd package.
Willow IS a Fox's title. It even appears on their foxhome website here.
Old 02-22-02, 07:05 PM

This is the second time I've had one of these rejected. The first time, I didn't do anything immediately and forgot about it. This time I'm going to be sure to follow up.

These guys are a bunch of crooks. Or incompetent. Or a little of both. I'm convinced they reject as many as possible with the hopes that they won't be resubmitted.

This time they rejected it for the Die Hard II and III proofs-of-purchase. I guess I might try to call them before resubmitting it. They were the tabs from the discs in the Ultimate Collection, which is even listed in the brochure that the mail in offer was attached to!

Hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

Jason
Old 02-23-02, 01:09 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JasonH
This time they rejected it for the Die Hard II and III proofs-of-purchase. I guess I might try to call them before resubmitting it. They were the tabs from the discs in the Ultimate Collection, which is even listed in the brochure that the mail in offer was attached to!
I don't think there is a number that you can check with Gage for the Fox offer. The 877 number posted in dvdtalk forums is the Fox CS Center. They can take your complain or redirect you to resubmit directly to them instead.

Usually a resubmission of the request with an explanation note is sufficient.
Old 02-26-02, 01:26 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn! Another rejection letter from incompetent Gage. Time time it's the Willow, just like everyone. I printed the Fox store's webpage showing the Willow and sent the whole package back with an explanation note today. Another 3-4 weeks of unnecessary waiting