Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Where could I find old PC games and software?

littlefuzzy
02-19-02, 04:57 PM
(I wasn't sure if the computer forum allows posts about PC video games or not, so move this to Video Games if it isn't allowed.)

Would anyone happen to know where I could find sealed copies of old PC games, especially Zork: Grand Inquisitor? For that matter, does anyone know of a place that sells used copies of PC games besides half.com?

twikoff
02-19-02, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by littlefuzzy
does anyone know of a place that sells used copies of PC games besides half.com?

ebay.com :D

seriously though.. hmmmm.. you can go to your local electronic boutique.. or here, we can buy used games, systems, and peripherals at the game stop..
there are probably other chains in your area.. not to mention smaller stores that do it.

jumbojp
02-19-02, 05:39 PM
It is commonly called abandonware:)

http://www.abandonwarering.com/

HN
02-19-02, 05:57 PM
if you want really old, and many free, don't forget http://www.theunderdogs.org . you can lose many night's sleep over nostalgia there.

but nothing on zork: grand inquisitor (do have zork 1 and 2 tho, don't know if they're in the same series).

--HN

jumbojp
02-19-02, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by HN
if you want really old, and many free, don't forget http://www.theunderdogs.org . you can lose many night's sleep over nostalgia there.

but nothing on zork: grand inquisitor (do have zork 1 and 2 tho, don't know if they're in the same series).

--HN

I was going to post the underdogs, but I thought it would be in my link. Guess not:(

Great site for older games though.

I was just playing "The Adventures Of Willy Beamish" the other night on my 486 computer:)

littlefuzzy
02-19-02, 10:41 PM
I've known about abandonware for a while, but I was really looking for the originals, preferably new, or with all instruction books, maps, cases, etc. It is only 32-bit Win programs on CD that I am interested in finding... If they are older than that, I will look for them on abandonware sites or emulators.

shaun3000
02-19-02, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by littlefuzzy
(I wasn't sure if the computer forum allows posts about PC video games or not, so move this to Video Games if it isn't allowed.)

Would anyone happen to know where I could find sealed copies of old PC games, especially Zork: Grand Inquisitor? For that matter, does anyone know of a place that sells used copies of PC games besides half.com?

Look around town for small computer shops. There is one in Dallas called Computer Renaissance... they specialize in OLD OLD computers. Don't ask why... anyway, they have TONS of old software. I was quite amazed at what all they had.

So just pick up your yellow pages and look for small computer shops. Also, try FuncoLand.