Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Any reviews for the new Bjork concert DVDs?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 02-19-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to hear some info on the quality of these releases (and performances) - please post it if you got it!
Old 02-20-02, 01:27 AM

Richard Malloy;

THERE IS A PRETTY GOOD POST OVER AT THE OTHER FORUM. It looks like Cambridge is the preferred title for high technical quality. It is shown in 1:85:1 with a deep black level and the .1 lfe channel kicks major a..
The MTV unplugged is missing a song that the earlier version in Europe has. Sheperds Bush Empire is grainy and slightly better than VHS. I have the MTV Unplugged coming in a trade. I'll post my thoughts after it arrives and I have a chance to watch it.
Old 02-20-02, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, I noticed that they deleted "Venus as a Boy" from the region 1 version - and why on earth would they? That's a fantastic song!

And is it true that all the soundtracks are Dolby Digital instead of LPCM? If so, just how stupid can they be? I mean, this is such a simple matter to get right. Clearly we're not dealing with space limitations. It's just flat-out stupid.

Still, these criticisms aside, I'm glad to hear about the more positive aspects (the performances!), and I'm looking forward to picking them all up.
Old 02-20-02, 05:17 PM

RICHARD:

so I have Cambridge Live in my hands. It says, on the back cover,
Audio:stereo
Video: aspect ratio 4.3 (which is incorrect. It is 1.85 and looks as if no anamorphic enhancement was applied.)

it says go to http://www.bjork.com

It is produced by Elektra Entertainment but there is no info on their site about the technical features on these new dvds. (I checked)

However the music and imagery of Cambridge is very enjoyable. The filming stlye really puts you in the audience instead of wandering all over hell and back. The video is grainy but its mostly low light shooting and that is to be expected. The icelandic string octet w/ Mark Bell are on stage and present a lush combination of techno classical harmony that is just plain tasty as hell. A great concert from a unique and talented musician... Bjork. I don't think anyone who appreciates Bjork will be disappointed with this one.

Last edited by Smog; 02-20-02 at 05:20 PM.