Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

playstation2 DVD wireless remote

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 02-12-02, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the wireless remote worth it? does it have fwd x2, x4, x8 etc? zoom? the game controllers suck as a dvd remote.

where can i find the wireless? thanks, dave
Old 02-12-02, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From what I've heard, the Sony remote is well worth the 20 bucks. Not only is it the best designed PS2 remote, but it also comes with new drivers that add features and fix problems(it adds a time display, multiple scan speeds, and a few other things). I'd say if you're gonna use your PS2 for DVD, definately pick one up. The only down side is that the new drivers are stored on a memory card and use 2.2mb of space. If your memory card is tight then this may be a problem.
Old 02-13-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

oh, imho, it is worth every measly $1 of the $20... i do use it for dvds every once in a while and it's been great.

i still criticize the ergonomics of it though. all the buttons are the same size, the color of the lettering is very dark so it's near impossible to read in the dark (its not backlit), and i know they tried to maintain a consistency of design w/ the main PS2 unit, but to me, it just made it uncomfortable to hold.

i hear if you have a newer PS2, you don't need to install the dvd software to the memory card like i had to.
Old 02-13-02, 06:15 PM
Banned

thanks, i think im gonna give it a try. --dave
Old 02-15-02, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The actual sony made one is a great rermote the only thing that sux is that if you do have to put the drivers on your memory card they are a little over 2 megs and that sux.