Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Killer Resident Evil movie soundtrack.....

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-09-02, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts

Ok, mods, where the hell do I put this thread? It has to do w/ the music soundtrack from the movie based on the game. Feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/145...slipknot.jhtml

"My Plague" has the potential to become a nationwide epidemic.

A remix of the Slipknot song, expected to surface at radio February 25, will serve as the first single off the soundtrack to "Resident Evil," which hits stores March 12, according to a Roadrunner Records spokesperson. The newly titled "My Plague (New Abuse Mix)," the original version of which appeared on Slipknot's latest album, Iowa, was reworked by Terry Date (Deftones, Limp Bizkit).

The soundtrack to the film — which is inspired by the horrifying video-game series of the same name — also features new songs from Coal Chamber ("Something Told Me") and Static-X ("Anything But This"), as well as new remixes of tracks by Fear Factory, Mudvayne, the Crystal Method, Depeche Mode and Ill Niño. Marilyn Manson's contribution, "The Fight Song," was remixed by Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison, while Manson himself composed original instrumentals for the film's score. Other songs on this 14-track collection that are used in or inspired by the film are rare imports, bonus tracks and B-sides.

Directed by Paul Anderson ("Mortal Kombat," "Event Horizon"), "Resident Evil" hits theaters March 15 and stars Milla Jovovich ("The Fifth Element"), Michelle Rodriguez ("The Fast and the Furious"), and Eric Mabius ("The Crow: Salvation").

"Resident Evil" track list, according to Roadrunner Records:

Slipknot - "My Plague (New Abuse Mix)"
Marilyn Manson - "The Fight Song (Slipknot Remix)"
Coal Chamber - "Something Told Me"
Adema - "Everyone"
Fear Factory - "Invisible Wounds (The Suture Mix)"
Static-X - "Anything But This"
The Crystal Method - "Name of the Game (Clean Name)"
Mudvayne - "Dig (Everything and Nothing Remix)"
Rammstein - "Hallelujah"
Depeche Mode - "Dirt"
Method Man - "Release Yo' Delf (Prodigy Mix)"
Ill Niño - "What Comes Around (Day of the Dead Mix)"
Saliva - "800"
Five Pointe O - "The Infinity"
Old 02-09-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This hits theaters Mar. 15??? Has anyone even seen a trailer?

Tuan Jim

edit. I didn't look hard enough: http://www.apple.com/trailers/columbia/resident_evil/

has anyone seen this in the *theaters*?

Last edited by Tuan Jim; 02-09-02 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-09-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tuan Jim
This hits theaters Mar. 15??? Has anyone even seen a trailer?

Tuan Jim

edit. I didn't look hard enough: http://www.apple.com/trailers/columbia/resident_evil/

has anyone seen this in the *theaters*?

its been around. and it looks pretty bad if you ask me. There was a few threads in the Movie Forums.
Old 02-10-02, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, killer....If I had to listen to this I'd want to kill myself.

"Nu-Metal"
Old 02-10-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

its been around. and it looks pretty bad if you ask me. There was a few threads in the Movie Forums.
I disagree. I think it looks pretty damn good. Paul Anderson did Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon, so it can't be all that bad.
Old 02-10-02, 12:30 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by Deftones17
Paul Anderson did Mortal Kombat and Event Horizon, so it can't be all that bad.
That's exactly why it will be bad. Did you even see those movies?
Old 02-10-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Flay

The first MK was pretty decent IMO. It was MK:A that sucked ass.
Old 02-10-02, 01:27 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis
I agree. But decent is a far cry from "damn good". I enjoyed Mortal Combat when I was a teenager, but when I tried to watch it again a couple nights ago, I realized it was pretty awful.

1 movie that was left out of Paul Anderson's filmography was the craptacular Soldier.

I don't think this guy has ever directed a hit.
Old 02-10-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Event Horizon was a great sci-fi horror flick, in my opinion.

Originally posted by LethaL Nemesis

Agreed. There isn't much backstory to work with for MK. I think he did a good job setting up the story. While the script/movie wasn't great, the filming and special effects were very good. It captured the mood of MK very well.
Old 02-10-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

oh, BTW this thread was started to talk about the soundtrack. I don't want to get into any video game or movie discussions. Thanks!

Mods, feel free to move this thread into another forum in because it has gotten off topic.
Old 02-10-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
well from the perspective of me. I was expecting a more Night of the living dead/dawn of the dead feel for a resident evil movie. thats what I imagened. the whole killer computer idea just doesn't seem all that great.
Old 02-10-02, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts
__troy slaps all who like Paul Anderson movies__ It still amazes me that he gets work.

It may be an alright CD to listen to (for some, I personally hate Nu Metal), but Metal has no place in movies.

Is it really so hard to make a good video game based movie?
Old 02-11-02, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by troystiffler

__troy slaps all who like Paul Anderson movies__ It still amazes me that he gets work.

It may be an alright CD to listen to (for some, I personally hate Nu Metal), but Metal has no place in movies.

Is it really so hard to make a good video game based movie?
Mortal Kombat = surprisingly good - it surprised alot of people by being way better than anyone expected it to. That's not to say that it was an excellent movie though

Soldier = bad, but I think it was Kurt Russells fault. It's always his fault isn't it? I think that while this film suffered from bad script and bad acting, I don't think the directing was at fault.

Event Horizon = I loved it. Thought it was creepy and gory - a haunted house movie in outer space is cool. For a horror film, it had all the right moves.

Resident Evil = Milla J. 'nuff said. But I'll say more anyway - I'm excited about it. Looks stylish and fun and sexy and exciting. I'm totally going to go see it. Event Horizon showed me he can do 'scary' and Mortal Kombat showed me he can make a movie based on a video game while both respecting the fans of the game as well as respecting fans of good movies. Resident Evil is hugely popular and while the story is dumb, it at least has a story - Mortal Kombat's story was just filler in the video game fighter. Resident Evil is more or less an Adventure game, so the movie at least has a little more to go on. Personally I can't wait - I like to be entertained. I mean - it doesn't have to be some artsy cerebral movie for me to enjoy myself. Just to clarify though - I'm not saying whether or not this movie will be good, I'm just saying that my a$$ will be in the seat.
Old 02-11-02, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
"Stop!...don't open that door!"

I like Jack was expecting resembling Night of The Living Dead. When Capcom canned Romero it was truly a sad thing seeing as how his movies were inspiration for the ResEvil games. Heck he even directed the japanese commerical for Resident Evil 2. It was damn_cool. I even read Romero's script for the movie, I posted it not too long ago. But anyway. I will be paying to see this film because I've waited long enough for it. A friend told me once"horror or action films as a whole arent meant to have large scope and Oscar acting. They are the kind of movies you go see to check your brain at the door and just enojy the ride." This is true but theres a following here. People expect it to be as good if not better than the games they have come to love. I have a feeling I'm probably going to like this film. Hey look what I found! http://www.planetps2.com/biohazardex...vie/index.html but then again if I dont then you can all laugh at me...but I'm sure you do enough of that as it is! uhh here

"Chicks with guns...I love it!!"

love & peace
zero