Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

North American DVD Nightmare

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-02, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a nightmare experience with North American DVD. Order at your own risk! I ordered 4 dvds from them on 1/5. They never sent an email confirmation but I had my order number. I asked them a week later if it had been shipped. I got a reply that they couldn't find my order. So I reordered on 1/22. A week passed. Once again I emailed them. They replied that they sent the dvds on 1/25 which I know is a lie. I haven't received them yet and the charge doesn't appear on my credit card. I don't know why they'd lie about it unless they don't have the dvds in stock and don't want to lose the order. I will never order from them again and would advise others to look elsewhere.
Old 02-08-02, 07:02 PM

"They replied that they sent the dvds on 1/25 which I know is a lie."

You know it's a lie, becuase? Becuase you have not received them yet? Becuase you have not been billed yet? Unfortunatley shipments from Canada can take two to three weeks some times. The people at North American DVD can make mistakes, just like anybody else, but if you want to call them liars you should offer some evidence.

Mike
Old 02-09-02, 09:51 AM

It's a lie because it doesn't show up on my credit card. They wouldn't ship anything before charging my card and at most it would take 3 days to post to my account. They said they shipped it on 1/25 and it's now 2/9. No dvds, no charges posted to my account.
Old 02-09-02, 03:54 PM
Cool New Member

I personally feel that calling them a "liar" is just a little strong. I placed my first order with them for "World at War" for $65 (best price I could find) on/about Jan 12. They did send a notice with the order number. I received a shipment notice within the past couple of days which included an UPS tracking number. It is presently in Jacksonville, Fl waiting to be delivered on the 11th of Feb. AND THEY STILLL HAVE NOT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD! I certainly can't call them liars because they haven't charged my credit card yet. I knew when I ordered from Canada that it would take longer than from a Stateside company because of having to go thru Customs and the problems related to Sept. 11 and the shipping problems, anthrax, etc.

So, I know no reason to call them liars for what I call excellent service.
Old 02-09-02, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by nudge85
It's a lie because it doesn't show up on my credit card. They wouldn't ship anything before charging my card and at most it would take 3 days to post to my account. They said they shipped it on 1/25 and it's now 2/9. No dvds, no charges posted to my account.
I recently placed an order at North American DVD however the charge did not show up on my CC until about three days AFTER I received my order.
Old 02-10-02, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Please never purchase anything from ebay. Thanks!
Old 02-10-02, 10:41 AM
Cool New Member

You do realize that many credit card companies take weeks to put a charge from canada on your bill (I am assuming you live in the US). Thisis because they have to do the conversion of funds and all from my understanding. I once took a business trip to Canada and charges didnt show up until two weeks after I returned. I always try to order enough DVDs off of NorthAmericanDVD.com so that they will use UPS which is much faster than their standard Canadian mail.
Old 02-11-02, 10:26 AM

Thanks for the input. At this point all I can do is wait. It's been over a month now and nothing. Another reason I'm upset about the long delay is that the DVDs I ordered had a special offer from the studio. If I ordered them by Jan 31st I get a free DVD from them with proof of purchase. Unfortunately, even if I receive them I don't think the receipt will show a purchase before Jan. 31 even though I placed the order January 5th.