Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-man for DC any good?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-07-02, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've read decent reviews of spider-man for the dreamcast but was wondering if anyone can give me a personal review of the game. i'm already partial towards it since i'm a long time fan of marvel and can barely wait for the flick. i don't want to end up with a game that i'm not going to play though. if only i had my spidey sense to guide me...
Old 02-07-02, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm also a big time spidey fan and I love the game!! The camera can get annoying at times but not enough to merit not owning the game (especially for a spiderman fan) An added plus for me is that both my four and five year old boys really like it too. It has a "kid" mode that even my four year old can handle. Then the other three difficulty levels are as normal: easy, norma and hard. Pick it up if you find a good deal on it (@$20)
Old 02-07-02, 02:01 AM

thanks shuki! you've got me so excited about it. i think i just needed someone to give me the green light. i've read that the game is on the short side though. is it "unfillingly" short?
Old 02-07-02, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is a little on the short side and definitely not worth the $50 retail price. But I don't think you'll regret dropping $20-$25 for it. And if you're a fan, you gotta pick this one up!! I remember spiderman for the original nintendo. I liked that game a lot but this one is better yet (imho). Go for it!!!
Old 02-07-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
As long as you don't pay much for it, it might be worth it. I got it for Christmas and I have to say after 4 days of playing I gave up. The camera angles are just too frustrating and it only saves at certain points, making you run through the same things time and again. Just thought I'd post the other side of the coin...
Old 02-07-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A worthy game for fanboys and "platform" fans
The conversion to the DC is twice as good as the PS version.
Its fairly tunnel based gameplay wise but the cover art and alt. spidey costumes etc.. make it really satisfying.
Recommended
Old 02-07-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanting to kick in another recommendation - the game was somewhat short and the camera at times was a little irritating but it was a game that i played through with a smile on my face the entire time it was so fun. I was as giddy as a school girl