Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Is this worth anything?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this worth anything?

Hi all,
My good friend has several hundred nintendo games in his basement. Many of then are still in their original box and SEALED in their original shrink wrap. His dad used to buy a bunch of games but would never get around to playing all of them. Anyhow, he has a sealed copy of the Final Fantasy 1(and a sealed copy of Metal Gear). Any idea how much that would fetch on ebay? We've always wondered if it's worth anything. I think if it was he'd probably sell it but we're just curious at this point. Thanks for any info.
Old 02-06-02, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given my Ebay experience (I sell a good amount on Ebay) those would fetch from $30 to $80 if they are as pristine as you say. A pristine Contra went for $90 last week, while a pristine Ice Hockey went for $20. It just takes two bidders to drive something up. A number of pictures would have to be taken and they would have to be well listed (it also helps to have some significant feedback behind your Ebay name if you want people to fork over as much as $100). Also, Ebay buyers can tell if it has been re-shrinkwrapped (not that you did that) as Nintendo always shrinkwraps with a vertical or horizontal line running along the sides. Give Ebay a try, but it will take some work and if you use a reserve many buyers will just stay away. If you want to do it, take a bunch of pictures and do a minimum bid of $24.99 or $49.99. However, if you want to sell a whole bunch of them to me in one large lot I would be happy to work something out. Float me an email at [email protected] if you or your friend are interested.