Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Sears Price Matching?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Sears Price Matching?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sears Price Matching?

does Sears still do online price matching? if so, from which online retailers or does it matter?
Old 02-06-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their policy is available at their website -- www.sears.com

I've linked to it before. So, you can do a search through this forum or their site (or somebody can post a direct link to the policy).

Some stores/managers are more flexible than others when it comes to straying from the policy.

Good luck.
Old 02-06-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's their policy
Find a lower price? We'll match it!

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item currently available for sale at another local retail store, Sears will match that price. Just tell your sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.
If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item currently available for sale and delivery in your area from an established online retailer, Sears will match that total price at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing online, email the information to [email protected].

Exclusions
Sears will not price match competitor’s bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services.
Sears Price Match Policy does not apply to Wishbook.com, PartsDirect.com, Sears licensed partner websites, "Sears Presents" and Sears Shop At Home catalogs.

Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match online prices

I recently had them drop $1110 from a product they carried by showing them a lower price from an online e-retailer. some store managers are a little hard to deal with but there's always one somewhere that will do it.
Old 02-09-02, 03:18 AM

dumb question but which page of the online retailer site do i print out?
Old 02-09-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by don carleone
dumb question but which page of the online retailer site do i print out?
Any page that indicates both the price and the availibility (the number they have in stock, or just the fact that it's in stock). Depending on the store, this could be the product page, the overview page, or your shopping cart page.

The list of "acceptable" online retailers that Sears will price match was left out of the price match blurb above. Here it is:

Established Online Retailers
Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
Bluelight.com
Crutchfield.com
CircuitCity.com
Homedepot.com
Lowes.com JCPenney.com
Radioshack.com
Target.com
ToysRUs.com
Walmart.com
800.com
Once again, some stores will stray from this list. Some will not.

Last edited by stevevt; 02-09-02 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-10-02, 09:37 PM
Banned

just got my tv in a pricematch from sears.