Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Elastica : Split

Old 02-06-02, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts
Elastica : Split

For those who care, or even remember them, Elastica have officially split up. Which should be no surprise to anyone with the internal problems this group has had since day one. And this is a real pity IMO. They produced one of the best debut albums from a band ever! The second album (five years later!!!) was no where near as good but still better than most of the other crap out there. And there were the by far the best live bend I ever caught at a bar/very small club. They played the tightest set I've ever seen. R.I.P.
Old 02-06-02, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Elastica : Split

Originally posted by Daytripper
For those who care, or even remember them, Elastica have officially split up. Which should be no surprise to anyone with the internal problems this group has had since day one. And this is a real pity IMO. They produced one of the best debut albums from a band ever! The second album (five years later!!!) was no where near as good but still better than most of the other crap out there. And there were the by far the best live bend I ever caught at a bar/very small club. They played the tightest set I've ever seen. R.I.P.
Considering how overhyped they were at the beginning, it was quite a sign of how far their star had fallen to read a teeny blurb last month to the effect that they were breaking up. Just one sentence with no comment; I guess no one much cared.

I'll miss them, though. They did have their problems and they stole like crazy, but I liked them a lot. Hopefully Justine will find a new band soon. Wonder if Gorillaz is hiring?
Old 02-06-02, 02:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
ironically the last song they commercially released was a limited edition vinyl release called "The Bitch Dont Work"
Old 02-06-02, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts
Re: Re: Elastica : Split

Originally posted by dork

Considering how overhyped they were at the beginning....

Well, I think this was one band and album that richly deserved the hype. Too bad it went to their head. According to their now defunct website (last updated a few weeks ago), everyone in the band are working on solo projects. Yeah, like that'll ever happen. How many times have you hear this from bands that split up.