Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WARNING: Amazon mischarges

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a notice the weber grill I ordered shipped, but Amazon charged me shipping DESPITE my confirmation and order showing I qualified for free shipping.

BE CAREFUL

Already emailed them and am waiting for them to fix it fast. If not, I will just dispute it.
Old 02-06-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually Amazon impressed me a little while ago. They mischarged me on three orders and i never noticed it. Then several months later they sent me an e-mail saying they were refunding me the overcharge on said items. I didn't have a clue.
Old 02-06-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by vapoRware
Actually Amazon impressed me a little while ago. They mischarged me on three orders and i never noticed it. Then several months later they sent me an e-mail saying they were refunding me the overcharge on said items. I didn't have a clue.
Ditto! I never would have suspected it, but I received a notice and a confirmation of the credit posted back to my CC.

amazon's been recently....
Old 02-06-02, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This happened to me on one order. They basically didn't subtract the promotional coupon I used... so 3 months later they caught it and credited my card! here too!
Old 02-06-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

...still exceptional customer service. Let's hope it's always this way!
Old 02-06-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I will still say their CS continues to impress. I too got one of those delayed refunds (very small though, just over a buck).

However, they actually responded to me within 6 hours. Just got an email on this admitting the mistake and the credit is being processed already. Was told I would get an email in a few days when they make the final submission to CC company.

I noticed this one because they shipped about half of my order and instead of being about 40 bucks, it was over 60 bucks. The shipping charge was over $20 and showed on the shipping notice I got. When you are getting free shipping, a $20+ charge stands out.

At least they are doing the right thing quickly...Just warning people to pay attention with this new free shipping thing. Saved me over $40 on this order because some of the items were very large.
Old 02-06-02, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by matchpenalty
The shipping charge was over $20 and showed on the shipping notice I got. When you are getting free shipping, a $20+ charge stands out.

That's quite an order, there....

I hope it works out for you, since it sounds like it's obviously their mistake!
Old 02-07-02, 10:19 PM
mvc

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.
Just got a random email from Amazon telling me they overcharged me on an order. I think it was during that Buy 2 PS2 Get 1 Free offer.
*shrug*
More money to spend I guess.
Old 02-08-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by victant

That's quite an order, there....

I hope it works out for you, since it sounds like it's obviously their mistake!
They admitted it but still have not credited me. That was for ONE item (that cheap Weber Simpsons BBQ)
Old 02-08-02, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
I recently placed an order with the Free Super Saver Shipping for orders over $100. One of the items was a pre-order, so they shipped another item out earlier, "at no extra charge", yet, I was not credited free shipping on it. I figured it would be sorted out when the rest of the shipment shipped, but now it has, and the total I have been charged is $2.99 more than what I should have been (the cost of shipping that first item).

So now I will have to call to correct it.
Old 02-08-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
And, of course, as always, Customer Service is very helpful, and they have refunded the overcharge now.

The guy I talked to pointed out that I had two discounts on the early-shipped item, Share the Love and Free Super Saver Shipping, and he mentioned that when there are two promotions applied to an order, the system sometimes has problems with it. Throw a Borders Gift Card into the mix, and I guess it just couldn't handle.

Oh well. If you have multiple promotions on your order, check your charges carefully, and make sure you're paying what you should be paying.
Old 02-09-02, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had many problems with mischarges over tha past several months but tonight was about the strangest experience yet. I just cancelled an order that had about $5 in non promo GCs and decided to use it on another existing order with about a $100 balance. After applying the GCs to the order my total went from $100 to $0 balance! It even lists the payment method as only being GCs in the order summary. I guess this could be the first time I called Amazon customer service to complain they are undercharging me.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 02-09-02 at 12:26 AM.