Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

War and Peace titles missing on dvd

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-05-02, 04:17 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased the 1956 movie "War and Peace" on dvd starring Audrey Hepburn. The only thing wrong with it is that is does not have any opening credits for the film. The dealer was in Hong Kong. The packaging looks professional and does not look like a pirated edition. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Chapter search is OK, actor bios etc...Just no opening credits for the film itself. War and Peace has some very interesting opening credits so I was very disappointed. Comments please.
Old 02-07-02, 11:53 AM

I have this too. It is not really a bootleg. It comes from taiwan where older movies such is these are all public domain. I think the reason they left out the opening credits is simply a matter of disc space and time. These usually originate from vhs or ld copies. Despite the drawbacks this dvd is the only dvd available. I have the ld and it is only marginally better than the dvd but with more speckles. For the price though one cannot complain (roughly $4 US dollars).
Old 02-07-02, 05:42 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think that at the price this is a bargain also. This was the first time I had encountered this type of thing and was just curious.