Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Hot Shots Golf 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hot Shots Golf 3

Hey, has anyone checked out the short, one page preview of HSG3 in this months EGM(One with Maximo on cover)? From the looks of it all the characters are being re-done to replace the ones in the import version from Japan. While I think this is cool, especially the Sam Jackson looking dude, I would like for Sony to keep the orginal Japanese characters. Whether you can choose them right off the bat or unlock them would be great. In Hot Shots 2 you could play against them in the One-on-one mode but never as them.

I can't wait for this game to come out! There's nothing like going over to my buddy's house after work, on Friday, to play some golf for 4 hours and drink beer....uuuhh..I mean punch. We've been doing this for the past 3 years and it never gets old. In my opinion Hot Shots golf is the "ultimate" party game.

The graphics look amazing when compared to HSG2...gone is that super pixelated look. The controls look to be somewhat the same and I like the fact they're making the greens easier to read unlike HSG2 where you would adjust for a sloping green and the ball wouldn't break at all. You can now play in different times of the day and in different weather conditions which will make it all the more challenging. The added point system is another great feature. Earning points by making spectacular shots to buy new golf equipment definately adds to the overall enjoyment of the game.

I'm hoping OPM(official Playstation Mag) will have a playable demo in their upcoming issue...but that may be pushing it. I believe the current release for the title is March 12...can't wait!
Old 02-02-02, 02:26 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Hot Shots golf, but I think Outlaw Golf will take its place.

The characters are much more outrageous, plus you get to beat up your own caddy.
Old 02-02-02, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Don't have an X-Box and don't have an interest in buying one...so Hot Shots is my game.
Old 02-02-02, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Flay
I like Hot Shots golf, but I think Outlaw Golf will take its place.

The characters are much more outrageous, plus you get to beat up your own caddy.
No kidding man, Outlaw Golf looks awesome - and I don't even like golf or golf games. I can't wait for that one. Isn't Hot Shots Golf that one where the golfers have huge heads and tiny bodies?
Old 02-02-02, 03:41 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Trigger

No kidding man, Outlaw Golf looks awesome - and I don't even like golf or golf games. I can't wait for that one. Isn't Hot Shots Golf that one where the golfers have huge heads and tiny bodies?
Yeah I think Hot Shots golf is like anime golf or something? Outlaw golf does look awesome, better than anything I've seen on any golf games.
Old 02-02-02, 03:58 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I found these on Google.

Hot Shots Golf 3:

Outlaw Golf: That's gotta hurt!

Last edited by Flay; 02-02-02 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-02-02, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah - nice... I think Outlaw Golf will be to Golf games what Dark Summit is to Snowboarding games... but then some.

edit... dude - we totally hyjacked your thread... sorry.