Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I thought SoA2 was coming to GCN---------What's happening??

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-01-02, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read this on ign.com:

Sega Confirms US Skies Of Arcadia

The Overworks epic is coming to PlayStation 2, and it's coming to
America to boot!

January 31, 2002

Sega announced a PlayStation 2 version of the Overworks RPG Skies of
Arcadia at last year's Fall Tokyo Game Show, but no details on a release
date or plans for an American localization were available until now. Today,
Sega of America confirmed that the PS2 version of the Dreamcast epic
will be released in the United States this summer. No screenshots or other
media are available as yet, but Sega promises to keep us updated with the
latest, so check back in the future for more information.

I thought GCN was getting Skies of Arcadia?? WTF??????????? Is Sega quitting on the cube?????????????? If they're going to bring SoA2 to PS2, then why aren't they bringing Grandia to GCN??
Old 02-01-02, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It is coming to cube. No worry.
Old 02-01-02, 09:46 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was never an exclusive. Both the PS2 and GCN are getting the port of SoA and the sequel. BTW we're not missing anything on not getting a port of Grandia 2, because according to EGM, the PS2 version sucks. It got like a 4.5 where as the Dreamcast version got 9's when it came out. They said it's full of graphical glitches that make portions of the game almost unplayable.
Old 02-02-02, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by joshhinkle
It was never an exclusive. Both the PS2 and GCN are getting the port of SoA and the sequel. BTW we're not missing anything on not getting a port of Grandia 2, because according to EGM, the PS2 version sucks. It got like a 4.5 where as the Dreamcast version got 9's when it came out. They said it's full of graphical glitches that make portions of the game almost unplayable.

I already have Grandia II, Grandia X is want I want to play. Is it just me, or is Sega showing some serious favoritism here? PS2 gets all the Sega made GCN RPGs', but it's not the other way around.
Old 02-02-02, 04:54 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's good business sense. The Playstation and PS2 have the largest audience of RPG fans. Nintendo isn't known for RPG's. Hell the N64 only had a couple crappy ones, so companies are going to be hesitant to put RPG's on the system. If you're an RPG fan, you need another system besides just the GCN. I like platformers and sports games mainly, so the GCN suits my needs perfectly.
Old 02-02-02, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Chaos

I already have Grandia II, Grandia X is want I want to play. Is it just me, or is Sega showing some serious favoritism here? PS2 gets all the Sega made GCN RPGs', but it's not the other way around.
You're not referring to not have Grandia X on GCN are you? Because Grandia X isn't made by Sega... Your last sentence is kinda hard to understand.
Old 02-03-02, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Mattalos

You're not referring to not have Grandia X on GCN are you? Because Grandia X isn't made by Sega... Your last sentence is kinda hard to understand.
I'm just saying that SoA2 is coming to both GCN and PS2, and Grandia X is only coming to PS2---------kinda unfair.
Old 02-04-02, 12:25 AM

Why is it unfair? Grandia X is made by Game Arts, published by Enix. SoA is developed/published by Sega.

That's like saying "Halo is only coming to Xbox, that's unfair to PS2 owners." It's a different company making a different game, they're not obligated to release it on another system...
Old 02-04-02, 07:58 AM

Why is it unfair? Grandia X is made by Game Arts, published by Enix. SoA is developed/published by Sega.

That's like saying "Halo is only coming to Xbox, that's unfair to PS2 owners." It's a different company making a different game, they're not obligated to release it on another system...
If Enix is back on baord with Nintendo, then why aren't they bringing Grandia X to GCN??
Old 02-04-02, 12:13 PM

Now that's like saying "if Sega is making some PS2 games, why don't they bring all their games to PS2?!" Sigh... am I reaching anyone?
Old 02-04-02, 02:11 PM

Now that's like saying "if Sega is making some PS2 games, why don't they bring all their games to PS2?!" Sigh... am I reaching anyone?

Hey, I was just wondering----------thanks for clearing that up though. At least Nintendo is trying to get some new developers.